Chevron Tower For Downtown At 1600 Louisiana St.

tangledwoods

right? and to think, they could of (many would say should of, heh) easily slapped an architectural feature/spire on the roof and made this sucker a supertall, a la the 55 story Bank of America Plaza in Atlanta, or the 54 story Bank of America Tower in NY.

I hate that its such a cheap and corny way to beat out other buildings

• Like 1

Just a hunch, but I would suppose the thought is they aren't breaking ground until 1st Qtr 2014, and fencing that much property cost money.  They fenced while they had some prelim work going on, but no longer need the fence until real ground breaking.  I also don't think an open grass field poses any risk to the general public.

This is just my guess.  I wouldn't get worried about the project overall.

Just a hunch, but I would suppose the thought is they aren't breaking ground until 1st Qtr 2014, and fencing that much property cost money.  They fenced while they had some prelim work going on, but no longer need the fence until real ground breaking.  I also don't think an open grass field poses any risk to the general public.

true.. sounds reasonable. i doubt theres a problem with the project. it was just a little nerve wrecking waking up to hear that the fences were taken down already at the site. ha.. that makes sense though.

I believe the original press release said a 2Q 2014 ground breaking.  Considering this building is already spoken for tenant-wise and they just got their tax breaks approved, I'd say this project is 100% a go when that time comes around.  No need to worry about the fence coming down.

Aside from that, being on the vacant lot last night really reminded me how great the glass look on the two buildings already there.  I have no doubt that this building will look good despite having a pretty mundane profile.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It seems the skyscraper has a edge, then a angle.  I cannot wait for the final design.  I just rented one of my units off Kirby to a women from Boston.  Chevron hired her at 26 years old for $78,000 per year.  I have some property off Mimosa, it was showed 12 times.  She had the best credit! :P  And Hines is going to build his high rise two blocks away of San Felipe.   

• 2 weeks later...

Is Chevron moving employees into the Allen Center II?

There was a temporary Chevron security office on the ground level and quite a few Chevron polo's about during lunch today.

Yes, they have taken the space formerly occupied by Devon Energy.  I believe Chevron has subleased the space until some time in 2017.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

^  There will not be a shareholder vote.  Chevron is continuing the planning.  They are scheduled to make the final investment decision I believe mid-2014 with construction to start 3rd quarter 2014, IIRC.

i thought they were supposed to have the major decisions made by the end of the year, with the tower starting in the 2nd quarter of 2014?