There is one of those concrete pumper arms now on the garage side. I don't know what they're called...sorry but here's the link.

http://oxblue.com/open/Hines/609Main

In a burst of non-creativity, the device is commonly called a "concrete pump" or "concrete pumper."

Sorry, that's the best I could do to avoid sounding snarky at the end of a day filled with some of my least favorite job duties.  Please bear with. :ph34r:   

• Like 4

I like that it's not blocking the Magnolia Hotel, the way they positioned it

It will be tough to see the Magnolia from street level up close, but  It should be visible coming down Texas Street.

609-Main-Day-small.jpg

Also, the Chase Tower garage will block a portion of this view as well, it was rendered transparent in the pic here.

Edited by Nate99

Looks like they had a minor incident building the tunnel to connect this to the Chase Building:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Tunnel-work-6139030.php

However, the news media is inaccurate in reporting that the light rail is shut down.  I witnessed trains going in both directions, picking up passengers at the Central Station Main and carrying them across the "closed" section.  Here's a train going through, along with a bunch of police and news media:

6UnEfAtl.jpg

Bonus: Here's a view of the current state of 609 Main from above:

Vr2TjAHl.jpg

You can click either image for a much larger view.

• Like 6

Looks like they had a minor incident building the tunnel to connect this to the Chase Building:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Tunnel-work-6139030.php

However, the news media is inaccurate in reporting that the light rail is shut down.  I witnessed trains going in both directions, picking up passengers at the Central Station Main and carrying them across the "closed" section.  Here's a train going through, along with a bunch of police and news media:

6UnEfAtl.jpg

Bonus: Here's a view of the current state of 609 Main from above:

Vr2TjAHl.jpg

You can click either image for a much larger view.

I saw the trains too. I didn't see a shut down.

Was there any visible damage on the surface?  Or am I just seeing the light rail wires...

I didn't see anything. Everyone was walking around like nothing had happened. This was about 10 minutes after the breaking news from KPRC and KTRK.

What condo apartment balconies are visible in the photo above on the bottom of the pic??

St. Germain although what is visible is actually the shared parking garage entrance for both St. Germain and Capitol Lofts. 609 Main decimated the view of all north facing St. Germain units.