The heavy rains last night turned this into a lake! Hopefully it doesn't slow them down too much, they have been making some really good progress recently.

I took these a few hours ago. From what's in the pics, they've pumped most of the water out.

14619692327_5dcbaf56a1_b.jpg

14805522412_f55e78b675_b.jpg

14782877066_3650af97f1_b.jpg

14802762131_37100abde5_b.jpg

• Like 7

I was wondering the same about those pits.  Elevator pit sounds very likely.

If it's anything like 811 Main (Hines' last similar project), the square pit is probably for the service elevator, since it's near the middle of the tower.  I don't know about the other pit.  In 811 Main, none of the three elevator banks in the tower go down to the garage; the garage elevator bank, which does go to B1 and B2, is separate and on the non-tower portion of the block (in the case of 609 Main, that would be on the currently-unexcavated part of the block).

Maybe they are doing a different elevator layout here, though.  Has a full stack plan been shown yet?  I've seen the top few floors posted recently but don't recall seeing a stack plan showing anything below.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/11978-bg-group-place-formerly-mainplace-in-downtown-houston/page-25

I knew I had posted those here as well...

Looks like they did something very similar when building BG Group Place (scroll about 3/4 of the way down):

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=136738&page=10

I'd rather link to the forum from this site, but unfortunately the photos posted here weren't as good.

Wish I were still local so I could get the same kinds of shots on a regular basis. Definitely missing the boom right now!

Here are two of the marketing videos, which were released this week.  Enjoy!

http://www.609main.com/themovie

The opening skyline scene is disgusting. It seriously makes me ill, that's how cool it is.

Edit: After replaying the beginning a couple times, it shows how the building will look from the south when looking north. It appears the roof is not all glass, with some solid materials after the skylights (shown in more recent renderings). Also, I'm confused about the last scene in the video. Is that really the night time lighting? Or is it extra bright because it's highlighting the property?

Edited by Montrose1100

The opening skyline scene is disgusting. It seriously makes me ill, that's how cool it is.

Edit: After replaying the beginning a couple times, it shows how the building will look from the south when looking north. It appears the roof is not all glass, with some solid materials after the skylights (shown in more recent renderings). Also, I'm confused about the last scene in the video. Is that really the night time lighting? Or is it extra bright because it's highlighting the property?

We are finally seeing the back side of this!

14860650074_c4ec97d0f9_o.png

• Like 3

This is a really great video. I got a lot better feel for the building than from just the static renderings. Makes me wish my company didn't have to move to a different tower before this one was ready. Its exciting to see the changes going on to downtown from when I first started working downtown in 2005. The shift toward having residential downtown I think will also give houston a whole new vibe and a world class feel on top of nice new office towers like this. I know, recklessly optomistic for a forum post! :lol:

• Like 1

Sexy videos but what happened to the much advertised LED lights that are supposed to illuminate this thing? The tail end of the first video is a night rendering and I see nothing special in regards to lighting effects.

The crown was definitely lit up in the last part of the video.. Hard to tell much else though.

• Like 1

Sexy videos but what happened to the much advertised LED lights that are supposed to illuminate this thing? The tail end of the first video is a night rendering and I see nothing special in regards to lighting effects.

The crown was definitely lit up in the last part of the video.. Hard to tell much else though.

Can't edit my post.. I just realized were looking at the north side and the article stated the LED lighting would be in the crown and the east and west sides.. So it makes sense only the upper floors/crown are lit up from this angle..

Crown lit up..

F899D10C-C66A-442A-A748-84EAE4B66508_zps

I still think the LEDs are going to run up the middle crevice on the west side (and maybe the little tee-pee triangles in the base).. In this picture it appears to be dusk and idk why the whole crevice would be reflecting that much light all the way from top to bottom. Not sure about lighting anywhere else though. I had at one time hoped for an outline of all the angles, but that might be too Dallasy.

494C91C2-E417-4A6F-8705-075BE5C7B44D_zps