That will also serve as a construction cam for the 500 Crawford apartments and the Texaco renovation. 

And since no one gets CSN Houston, we can use the link watch the Astros home games if the roof is open!

wow.. you will also be able to see 6HC, 1800 Texas(? the 28 story next to 500 Crawford), the 38 story residential next to the Hess Garage, Marriott Marquis, and possibly the new convention center garage if MM doesnt go up first/block it. what an angle!

So I suppose this is as good of a spot to post as anywhere but what can we expect to be finished and or well U/C by the time visitors arrive for the Super Bowl in Feb. 2017? Everything that is breaking ground right now will be freshly completed or almost complete, yes?

I'm guessing here but:

609 Main should be topped out, yes?

Block 35 Tower: Topped out?

Marriott Marquis: Finished (better start damn soon)

Chevron Tower: half way up?

I can't list all the projects by memory but there's only about a hundred towers going up around Houston. Anybody know what we can expect to see U/C or finished by then? I  don't really care if the projects are finished. I think it would be pretty spectacular to have dozens of cranes flying across the city. I that would be just as impressive to our guests than the finished products themselves. Thoughts?

So I suppose this is as good of a spot to post as anywhere but what can we expect to be finished and or well U/C by the time visitors arrive for the Super Bowl in Feb. 2017? Everything that is breaking ground right now will be freshly completed or almost complete, yes?

I'm guessing here but:

I can't list all the projects by memory but there's only about a hundred towers going up around Houston. Anybody know what we can expect to see U/C or finished by then? I  don't really care if the projects are finished. I think it would be pretty spectacular to have dozens of cranes flying across the city. I that would be just as impressive to our guests than the finished products themselves. Thoughts?

There's a DT development timeline graphic out there with the SB date noted, lemme see if I can find it....

Here we go...

EuuhkPN.png

Edited by Nate99
  • Like 1

I'm guessing here but:

609 Main, Block 35, Hines Market Square, Marriott Marquis, 6 Houston Center, Capital Tower, 1111 Travis, Hotel Allesandria, Hyatt Place, Hampton Inn & Homewood Suites should all be complete/topped out. and im not sure about the timeline on the other residential towers like 1400 Texas, Block 98, or especially Texaco Phase II. 

yeah i suppose Chevron Tower will be around halfway up. and maybe by that time more office towers will be underway if the market warrants them (depending on how quickly all this new space gets absorbed).. there will definitely be more residential highrises under way...

edit.. ahh, i see Nate found the graphic.

Edited by cloud713

This will also allow us to see the Marriot Marquis Convention center, HSPVA, the 28 story proposed in front of the Fingers apts., the pair of hotels Hampton and Hyatt, going up on the same block along with Houston Center 6. This will be a fun cam to watch. I got word from a great source that April 11th they would be breaking ground on the Convention Center Hotel. Also we will see the Historic museum project that John Nau is proposing/ funding, just south of Minute Maid. This will be a very busy quadrant.

That April 11 ground breaking for the Marriott Marquis has been public knowledge for several months.  Even the Chronicle caught wind of it 3 1/2 months ago.

• Like 2

I hate compraing oursleves to other cities... but at the rate of growth we are experiencing our downtown density is going to increase with the likes of cities like Chicago

of course it's going to increase, it's increasing right now. that said our density is nowhere near that of a chicago.

• Like 1

You can easily see the camera from the ground, so I can tell just by looking up there that the camera we've been watching (which looks to the southeast) is down for the window washers.

However, while walking by the other day I noticed they also had a camera mounted on the other side of the Chase Tower, facing to the northeast.  That should give a perfect view of the two Market Square towers once they start, plus the International Tower if anything ever comes out of that.  I wonder if anyone can guess the URL of that camera?  I tried a few things but couldn't figure it out, but maybe it's not published online yet.  I figure since the Market Square residential tower is also a Hines project that they'll probably pay for the camera for that one, too.

• Like 2