Has anyone taken a close look at the site to see if they have actually started construction activity or serious preparation for construction?  I'm wondering if we are just witnessing a press release/marketing war between Hines and Crescent?

I didn't post the photo but when I went by yesterday, they only had new lumber on site. I've seen excavator movement but nothing substantial. Maybe it all started today...?

Any ideas what they are framing up? Looks to be about the right size to go on the scaffolvators, but as of right now, they have the building already surrounded, with similar wooden structures already attached. 

Also, by my reckoning, they've taken out 4 floors in ~2.5 weeks. With 14 to go, that's ~2 months and change to get it all gone, so Maybe by June 1? 

e6vu40.jpg

2yzk5z9.jpg

Edited by Nate99
  • Like 3

Those items being framed up may be pedestrian walkways for the sidewalks so that people don't have to detour across the street.

I bet that is exactly it. Between the building construction and light rail, it's not easy to walk down the street in the area. 

Haven't seen one of those DT since they finished BG Place. 

I bet that is exactly it. Between the building construction and light rail, it's not easy to walk down the street in the area. 

Haven't seen one of those DT since they finished BG Place. 

I swear There are some now in downtown... Skyhouse? JW Marriott?

My prediction is we will get alot more of these in the near future! :)

I swear There are some now in downtown... Skyhouse? JW Marriott?

No, sidewalks are completely blocked off at both of those places. There were some temporarily-covered sidewalks near GreenStreet recently, not sure if they are still covered. Also they recently added a little bit of sidewalk covering around the Texaco building, too, but the existing arcades do a good job of covering most of it so they didn't need much.

No, sidewalks are completely blocked off at both of those places. There were some temporarily-covered sidewalks near GreenStreet recently, not sure if they are still covered. Also they recently added a little bit of sidewalk covering around the Texaco building, too, but the existing arcades do a good job of covering most of it so they didn't need much.

1111 Fannin has covered sidewalks

Is it just me, or could their 609 Main logo be more creative than that  <_<

609_zps2d0166ce.png

I hope there is some sort of creative measure I am missing because I'm sure they spent tons of money trying to decide the logo and walked away with the top of their building with lines connecting corners on it. Bravo guys... Bravo 

The webcam is up and running - this view should be very interesting over the next 36 months with a lot of projects being in the background while 609 goes up.

http://oxblue.com/open/Hines/609Main

That will also serve as a construction cam for the 500 Crawford apartments and the Texaco renovation. 

And since no one gets CSN Houston, we can use the link watch the Astros home games if the roof is open!

Edited by Nate99
  • Like 6

This will also allow us to see the Marriot Marquis Convention center, HSPVA, the 28 story proposed in front of the Fingers apts., the pair of hotels Hampton and Hyatt, going up on the same block along with Houston Center 6. This will be a fun cam to watch. I got word from a great source that April 11th they would be breaking ground on the Convention Center Hotel. Also we will see the Historic museum project that John Nau is proposing/ funding, just south of Minute Maid. This will be a very busy quadrant.

• Like 1