So is this taller than BG Main Place or whatever it is called? 

It would appear to be. Even though it's only 41 stories compared to BG Group Place's 46 floors, the crown is definitely what makes it taller.

It would appear to be. Even though it's only 41 stories compared to BG Group Place's 46 floors, the crown is definitely what makes it taller.

agreed.  Love the crown on this one.  It will make a great impression from anybody driving south on 59 approaching downtown

• Like 1

Wonder when they will begin, I know the mayor said something about wanting all major construction done before 2017 super bowl.  so that the city could put its best foot foward... The 2017 

They will begin when they have one or more substantial tenants signed up.  I suspect you are misinterpreting what the mayor said, but even if she said that, it will have zero impact on Hines' construction schedule.

• Like 2

Why is the color of the building in this rendering so much different than all the others - light?

I hope it doesn't look like this.

It looks to me that the just didn't get the lighting right in the rendering.

how sure are we that this tower will start construction next year? is there a tenant already signed or about to sign?

There have been no public signs that it will break ground any time soon.

Hines has two other brand new office developments they are marketing, too. One at 610/10 and the other in River Oaks. Of course, they have other downtown buildings with available space. I guess they know which price points and locations their clients are looking for.

There have been no public signs that it will break ground any time soon.

Hines has two other brand new office developments they are marketing, too. One at 610/10 and the other in River Oaks. Of course, they have other downtown buildings with available space. I guess they know which price points and locations their clients are looking for.

true, i just keep seeing people say this building will break ground in 2014. Chevrons new tower isnt even expected to break ground until 2014 so im not sure how a tower with no tenants yet would be able to have that kind of schedule unless they already have all the building permits, ect. for the site. i really hope another boom is coming to downtown, its nice to see some companies looking to the future and trying to be more urban instead of moving to the suburbs like the current trend has been.

true, i just keep seeing people say this building will break ground in 2014. Chevrons new tower isnt even expected to break ground until 2014 so im not sure how a tower with no tenants yet would be able to have that kind of schedule unless they already have all the building permits, ect. for the site. i really hope another boom is coming to downtown, its nice to see some companies looking to the future and trying to be more urban instead of moving to the suburbs like the current trend has been.

Well, I read here that "at least three new office towers are in the works for the area, including a sleek and soaring glass structure that commercial property developer Hines says it will break ground on early next year."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Houston-s-downtown-skyline-to-be-reshaped-4364923.php

But now (as of 6/26), I see this saying that the construction start date is "not available."

http://downtownhouston.org/site_media/uploads/attachments/2013-06-26/dt_current_projects_130626_FOR_PRINT.pdf

I don't think Chevron Tower should factor into the how much vacant space is available downtown, because I'm sure they intend of using every single foot of that space. 

I don't think Chevron Tower should factor into the how much vacant space is available downtown, because I'm sure they intend of using every single foot of that space. 

true but they do have space for people in other buildings downtown that presumably they would free up

I believe they are vacating 26 floors in the old Continental Building and 13 floors in another Allen Center building.

not to mention Exxon will be moving out of the Exxonmobil building in 2015, leaving 1.2ish million square feet (or are they not the only tenant currently in the building?), though its scheduled to undergo renovations afterwards, and im sure no tenant is willing to sign a lease without renovation plans, and wait around till 2017 or whenever for the renovations to be done when they could just have a brand new building in the same amount of time. either way unfortunately unless the Chevron rumors come true and they buy out the Exxonmobil building for headquarters relocation in the next few years, there will be 1.2 million sq ft of vacant office space hitting the market around 2017 so i hope these new downtown developments get started soon.

Culture map has a update I think they say that hines  has decided to increase the tower heighhttp://houston.culturemap.com/news/realestate/07-08-13-houstons-next-great-skyscraper-hines-to-texas-size-new-main-street-office-tower-speed-up-development/ as well as planning a first Q of 2014.. they did not say How much the article only says hines is Texas sizing it

Edited by Moore713
  • Like 7

great news! so it looks like they will be going forward with construction in the first quarter of 2014 without any tenants signed. im sure they wont have a problem finding tenants for that amazing location. i wonder why the redesign of the building is taking so long? i guess like you said they will be adding many first class amenities to the base/a podium maybe? i hope they keep the design the same, (taller of course) or it gets even better.. Hines isnt really known to cheapen their stuff so im hoping there wont be any Embassy Suites/Marriott Marquis lame redesigns to the final product. cant wait till the end of the year to see the new proposal. the 41 story tower was already taller than BG Place which is 46 stories, after the redesign the height of this tower is sure to be taller a 50 story building, putting this in Houstons top 10.

Stinkin awesome.

I read some message board this weekend that someone acting like they had knowledge said downtown would be getting close to a 100-story soon.

Most likely he was full of it, but here's to hoping he's not!

• Like 2