Looks like Google Maps might have done a recent update. You can now see this project and several others currently under construction.

Not me! I use the progress at US 290 and Beltway 8 to check if anythings new. The frontage roads should have overpasses, and they don't.

Not all of Houston is captured in one "flyover" or however it's done. It's a big city...

Actually, the Houston updates in the last few years have produced large, high-res maps, though usually a more distant place like Baytown or Galveston is off-cycle. Google Earth's newest versions try to avoid this, but by zooming out enough, you can clearly see the differential lines where a single "sheet" was taken (even though they are composed of multiple smaller shots). The one for Houston in spring 2014 (noticeably just after the Axis was defeated by the Allies burnt to timbers) was over 2000 square feet, capturing most of Cypress (east of the Grand Parkway), The Woodlands (just south of the Conroe loop), the areas just west of Baytown, and a little less than half of Alvin. While some incomplete shots were taken for the floods (blurry, patchy, and lots of cloud cover), if there is an update, it will certainly include Beltway 8 and US-290.

• Like 1

Some areas were photographed in 2015, but they're incomplete, blurry, cloud covered, and focused on the flood. Like similar photos in NYC on 9/11, post Ike Galveston, or post Katrina New Orleans, they aren't meant to be the new, updated default view.

If there is 2015 imagery that is complete and crisp, I have yet to see it.

• Like 1

Some areas were photographed in 2015, but they're incomplete, blurry, cloud covered, and focused on the flood. Like similar photos in NYC on 9/11, post Ike Galveston, or post Katrina New Orleans, they aren't meant to be the new, updated default view.

If there is 2015 imagery that is complete and crisp, I have yet to see it.

There's some images from May that aren't covered by the wrath of God, but like you said, they're really blurry.

Edited by BigFootsSocks

The timelapse of the metro area in the Chron.com article one time really shows the growth over the past few decades with new sprouts of development mostly North and West. It will be cool to see if the density of in the Loop really changes from space orbit in photos, I keep looking but can't really tell yet. I guess I would be interested in seeing a section that has really changes like that.

Also, Houston Metro area is 6.6M. But at any one time you have visitors, people just driving through, airports, ships, students. Would you guess there are over 7 million people IN Houston Metro area regularly? I wonder if that is a real stat that is kept, estimated, or known? Some cities like Vegas and Orlando must have radically different numbers in population vs occupants.

If memory serves me correctly Manhattan only has what 3 or 4 million residents but has 20 something million people daily?

It would be nice to see how much developement has effected trees in the city. If we have planted more or lost some (not including the drought).

• Like 1

http://realtynewsreport.com/2015/10/10/texas-leasing-magnate-the-q-a-with-chip-colvill/

Texas Leasing Magnate: The Q & A with Chip Colvill

Realty News Report: What about downtown Houston? Is it getting better?

Colvill: Actually the downtown market is probably one of the best submarkets in the city right now in terms of market strength.  Unlike west Houston, the CBD has not yet seen any major sublease space hit the market and most of the top tier buildings are over 93% leased with very strong tenant bases.  There is availability in some of the lower tier Class A buildings but some of this space has been known for a while, so it has not impacted the current market either way. Our firm handles the leasing of 33% of the Class A office buildings in the CBD and we are seeing strong leasing activity, particularly at 609 Main, 811 Louisiana, 1415 Louisiana, and 708/712 Main, that have availability.

Realty News Report: Your firm is handling leasing for Hines’ 1 million square foot spec building under construction downtown — 609 Main at Texas. How’s it going? Will you make some big news soon?

Colvill: We are getting close to announcing our first tenant and have strong interest from several mid-size and large tenants.  The building delivers at the end of 2016 and will be unsurpassed in terms of quality and amenities.  It is one of two multi-tenant buildings in the U.S. that is being developed with raised flooring for under floor air distribution, so we are seeing a lot of prospective tenant excitement about that.  Many of the largest corporations that have built headquarters buildings recently like Shell, Devon, and Exxon have structures with raised flooring. This is the wave of the future.  Hines is an awesome client for developing what will be the highest quality office building in downtown Houston; this has been a very fun project.  The building also will have a state-of-the-art fitness center and conference center in prime space on the second floor. We are also seeing extremely positive response to the amenity offerings.
  • Like 6