Great photos. Are they still removing junk from the Texas Tower?

They look to be chipping away at the last of the basement floor currently. All of the structure is gone apart from the basement wall in the Fannin/Texas corner. 

The orange excavator with the jackhammer attachment was going after a block of concrete that looked to be several feet thick in every dimension. I think it was probably outside of the tower's foundation perimeter though. That may have been the crane base now that I think about it. 

There is another sub-ground level foundation just to the south of the old tower that they are in the process of taking out too. 

Edited by Nate99

"cockoftherock.gif" Uhhhh what? :mellow:

haha... yea, I honestly have no clue why Gfycat randomized my GIF names. On my computer, it is simply 609Main1.gif but Gfycat apparently changes the name...

• Like 2

This building reached ground level a month ago and they're still chipping out the basement? Wow.

It's difficult to guess with any precision, but they are probably 5-8 feet below the basement floor level. It must be a part of the tower's foundation that they have to muck out completely to start the footprint of foundation pilings for the new tower. 

I was in Calgary recently and they are building a tower there on a whole city block downtown with a hole that is at least four stories deep. It seriously looks like a mine. 

14332304916_e50670c6e5_h.jpg

2014-06-05 14.22.18 by marclongoria, on Flickr

I'll make the videos longer in the future. I only intended in making this a GIF but it is more hassle than what it's worth.

I'm still learning how this all works but the video is in 4K resolution. Enjoy.  :lol: If the quality isn't coming all that well right now, I'll work on it in the next batch.

• Like 5

video technology is constantly evolving.  it may oftentimes become tedious and contrite.  however, please know that we appreciate all that you are doing triton.  it is becoming very hot outside... stay safe, stay cool!

• Like 2

video technology is constantly evolving. it may oftentimes become tedious and contrite. however, please know that we appreciate all that you are doing triton. it is becoming very hot outside... stay safe, stay cool!

I walked too much around downtown today in the heat. It was bad. I was sweating pretty bad when I got back into work.. I should have just gone around on my bike like I usually do.

Edit: but thanks :)

Edited by Triton
  • Like 3

Just to let you guys know the building will be two floors under ground level.all together there will be 52 concrete floors and then remaining two will be iron which will be the amenities so I total of 54 floors all together. And yes the ground will have space in it vroom the penthouse with AC unit and cooling towers. There will be 3 cranes on the job 2 of them will be flat top tower crane the third one will be a Luffer tower.originally they were all going to be flat top but they needed the lover because it wouldn't be able to weather vane and swing around with the wind without getting in the way other building before they jumped the grains up high enough. From what I understand in what I hear the building structures is scheduled to be completed 18 months after the foundation is Poured around August or September.hope you guys have a good one enjoy the info

Thanks!  I think we have an inside source! 

Wel l at first it was changing because they just didn't know for sure how many they wanted to put and the exactcalculation for the Ground to be able to support. but I think the last changes were because of them not knowing exactly how much space they were going to be able to use with that slanted roof for the amenities that they want to put up there plus the penthouse with The cooling towers and elevator shafts. so there has been a lot of little detailed stuff that has made the floor plan change quite a bit but from my understanding now is MarkEd at 54 total. now I am NOT 100 percent sure because I forgot the exact number but I know that one of the two laptop power green is going to be either 880' 860' at Top out.so is the tallest one in the 880 then the next one would be 840 and then the building would be about 805 or anywhere between 800 to 815 in building height. Nowif the tall is crane is 860 then the next one would be 820 and that would be cutting it real close for this building to be 800 foot because they usually like it to have 30 to 40 feet of space between the Jib and the building.but if it doesn't hit exactly 800 it will be within 20 feet of it

• Like 3

sorry for the (laptop power greens). It was supposed to say flat top tower crane but I am hoping you guys caught that. Like I said I'm sorry I'm using talk to text and sometime this speaker Hears whatever it wants to hear I guess. I know for sure that 2 flat top tower cranes are going to go all the way up with the building but I'm not sure about the Luffing tower crane because I know it is supposed to start on the garage but I don't know if they have decided to let it also go up all the way with the building they want 54 floors of concrete done in 18 months. I know originally it was supposed to be 3 Flat top tower cranes but either the one that was supposed to start the garage was going to be in the way of another building when it is put into weathervane or is the garage was going to be slower in progress than the tower and the tower would get in the way off the other tower crane when it is put into weathervane so they went ahead and got a different Crane. but we will know soon guys. In the next 2 to 3 months I believe all of the Cranes will be up.I hear the first one is going up in August with the poor of the foundationbecause that is when they are going to set the base section of the tower crane or Cranes

• Like 4

I'm a little confused.  It is now 54 floors?

Me too. He said 54 floors with two below ground. So I guess that means to the layman that this will be a 52-story building (above ground)? He threw out so many different heights, I'm not sure which is which but I'm guessing this'll now be exceeding 800' in height which will be Houston's first 800 foot something building and the fourth tallest in the city.

Edited by wxman

Assume floor-floor ht of 1st floor is 25' + (51 x 14) = 740'-0"  so ~60' additional height in architectural embellishments?  Seems quite possible to top 800', though I would think maybe it will be just under?  Since I'm Capt Pessimistic.

Edited by arche_757