I would assume that even if Chevron scales that tower back a little it will still be a 700-750' tall building.

I'm ok with the height of 609.

I think there is a good chance they can increase the size... My freind at their CA headquarters is suspicous that they will be continuing to move A LOT of jobs this way in the next 5+ years. I asked him if the HQ could move and he thinks it is a possibility...

• Like 1

755' to the top of the crown

i thought it was 757' ?

I really hope they break 800'! Only because that would mean we'd have a 1000', 900', 800', 700' etc. towers! That's just me though

like someone mentioned.. the Chevron plans are in the 800 foot range, so assuming nothing goes wrong with that, we will have our 800 footer. i always thought it was kind of interesting Houston lacked a building in the 800' range..

From the 33rd floor of 1 Houston Center/LyondellBasell.  Hard to tell from the pics but they had a crew going nonstop with a bobcat and all sorts of machinery up on the top floor they were tearing down.  Really interesting to watch.  Sorry the pics aren't better (iphone).

post-6600-0-51447500-1396393209_thumb.jp

post-6600-0-86870700-1396393216_thumb.jp

post-6600-0-40843500-1396393224_thumb.jp

Edited by WestUdweller
  • Like 9

From the 33rd floor of 1 Houston Center/LyondellBasell.  Hard to tell from the pics but they had a crew going nonstop with a bobcat and all sorts of machinery up on the top floor they were tearing down.  Really interesting to watch.  Sorry the pics aren't better (iphone).

Thanks for the pics, I like potatoes. This perspective will be great for watching the new building go up. 

I happened to walk by on Fannin just as they pushed a big pile of debris down the elevator shaft and it scared the crap out of me. They've stepped up their speed on the demolition lately. 

• Like 1

They have a red stop line marked somewhere around the 3rd or 4th floors so once they get that low they can probably just smash it with the growing number of excavators on site. Passed by today and they were definitely digging in earnest.

• Like 2

The speculation among my coworkers and me is that the "STOP" line means that they can't lower the scaffolvator (lol) on that side any more past that point because it will hit things on the building, so at that point they either need to stop lowering the mast climber or remove it altogether.

The speculation among my coworkers and me is that the "STOP" line means that they can't lower the scaffolvator (lol) on that side any more past that point because it will hit things on the building, so at that point they either need to stop lowering the mast climber or remove it altogether.

That's my guess too. By the time they get that low, they will likely be able to reach everything from the ground level with the heavy excavators, which can tear up a structure with amazing speed. 

I always enjoy seeing a side of a building or a view that has been obstructed for a long time when a structure is removed.

I thought that when macey's/foleys was brought down some interesting new  angles and views were revealed. Not that I necessarily like the old buildings brought down but it gives a whole new feel to an area and creates new sight lines.

• Like 3

From today:

abgb.jpg

I think this is evidence of my stupidity. I seriously pondered all day what that was in your window reflection. Center Console? Futuristic mirror adjustment/window buttons? Expensive garage button? Then I realized this is your windshield and not driver side window. Radar Detector...

Edit: Anyways, thanks for the picture.

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 3