Wow, what an awesome thing to log in and see. In one of those renderings, the building looks to be significantly taller than MainPlace. Is that accurate? 41-stories should make it SHORTER than MainPlace...even with the slant, yes?

They said 41 but they have not ruled out  something taller. I take the compares as them getting it serious thought

Yay.

Hines does it again. Will any other major developers in town raise their games to match Hines?

Also excited to hear about the Linbeck Tower... that's the one for the Southern part of Market Square, right? If so, I actually would prefer something shorter than a 50 story tower.

linbeck recently knocked it down from 50 stories to 41 or 42 i believe.

It's too bad both Linbeck and Hines scaled back their projects. Hopefully a major relocation or expansion downtown causes one of them to change their minds. Anything is better then what's there now though so as long as they go through it's a win!

I checked on Whois.com and 609main.com is registered to Hines. However when I go there nothing shows up.

I'm looking towards one of their videos bc I am curious what the skinny curved side looks like. I'm assuming they don't have a rendering of it bc it would show more of the garage.

I was thinking it might be BG Group Place but I don't think I've ever seen it from the angle. With it being BG Group Place, then this thing, as is, would appear to be about 650 feet tall. Would really love to see it taller. Main @ Texas is such a prime spot. 

• Like 1

The first rendering was a bit confusing at first because it had "disappeared" the Chase Center across the street.  It also looks like the vacant Sterling Building on the same block as the Hines project has been vanished.  Does anyone know if it is slated to be demolished?  My impression was that it was not sold along with the rest of the block. 

Will 609 Main be connected to the tunnel system?  If so, how?

I wonder if there are offices above where the roof starts to slant i.e., is that just a box tower with a decorative slanted roof?

If you look closely at the renderings, it would appear that especially in the dusk-time photos the office lights end directly below where the slanted roof begins. It would appear to me that it's a box tower with a decorative slanted roof. Even in the photo viewing the tower from the north, the slanted roof portion is clearly lighter than the rest of the building.

So I suppose the big question now (besides how tall this thing really is going to be.. hopefully taller) is how this tower looks from the east since we haven't been provided with that angle.

Isn't it strange how at the end of Nancy's story it says that a Hines spokesperson said a brochure has not been made public?

I think the key term is public. Colville does some of their leasing so it's no wonder they had a brochure advertising the tower. Since it says they just started marketing the tower, they probably wanted to hammer out some more details before they ran an article in the Chron or something. Does Hines have information leaked often though?

I think the key term is public. Colville does some of their leasing so it's no wonder they had a brochure advertising the tower. Since it says they just started marketing the tower, they probably wanted to hammer out some more details before they ran an article in the Chron or something. Does Hines have information leaked often though?

You would think they were on the same page as far as the release of the brochure. Adding to my confusion was thinking that Coy Davidson's company was releasing it, but its not. He works for Colliers and Colvill made the brochure. I'm curious how he got his hands on it.

Edit: it's in the photo roll on their website, so they are obviously not hiding it

http://www.colvilloffice.com/houston_home.html

Also listed in their properties

http://www.colvilloffice.com/houston_portfolio.php#

Edited by lockmat

I also like how the slant will direct eyes towards Texas' tallest building a block over. One of the things I have always admired about the Houston downtown skyline is how most of the tall buildings work together as a cohesive unit. Glad to see this tradition live on with this new tower.

• Like 1