Dd?

The rendering isn't very crisp for me. Is it just my iPhone?

I can't tell, is there a garage behind it?

those look like a tent shaped part of the structure, but there is a gargae behind it in the pic.

It not a mind blowing design to me, but its nice and I am always for elimating one more parking lot

Dd?

The rendering isn't very crisp for me. Is it just my iPhone?

I can't tell, is there a garage behind it?

Design development.  It is crisp, tell me how it looks from here:

DT_zpsbabfbc28.jpg

That is the garage behind it, but it looks like they've incorporated some kind of green roof on top.

• Like 1

come all the rest of you guys who have been  talking about  building DT ,time to move, while you twiddle you thumps hines is going to steal all the prosective clients..lol

I am hoping the fear of hines  getting started before them will spark the others to finally  get going

Edited by Moore713

Love the design.  It somewhat reminds me of the Devon Tower in Oklahoma City, which in my opinion is a true beauty.  That one is 50 stories, 850 feet.  It would be a shame if this one doesn't go higher -- I think it has the potential to be a real positive impact on the downtown skyline, and tenants would pay for that prestige.

• Like 3

The base is pretty interesting. It looks like a smaller or even slightly inverted version of the original glass base extending from the lower floors of the CenterPoint Energy Tower.

As for the view, it appears to be from the perspective of the Chase Tower's garage along Main (which apparently doesn't even exist in that rendering).  Both the Rice Hotel & The Binz would be on the left with the Magnolia Hotel in the background. Does look like that squares away the previous questions about the Texas Tower's fate since it's absent from the rendering... then again, it's all hypothetical at this point.

Also, may want to merge with the existing thread on this block and previously mysterious Hines Tower...

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/15916-another-hines-dt-project

Love the design.  It somewhat reminds me of the Devon Tower in Oklahoma City, which in my opinion is a true beauty.  That one is 50 stories, 850 feet.  It would be a shame if this one doesn't go higher -- I think it has the potential to be a real positive impact on the downtown skyline, and tenants would pay for that prestige.

I was thinking the exact same thing in regards to the Devon Tower.  I doubt we see it approaching 850 ft but it will definitely add to the skyline from the south and southeast.

I didn't see it mentioned in the article but I'm assuming they will be tearing down the Texas Tower that is currently on the site?

i get it now.  texas is to the far left and runs between the rice and the new structure.  the building opens up to main street and the building directly across the street (the empty flat spot in the foreground) would have blocked this view and is; therefore, removed for the view point.

eastern views of downtown just keep getting better.

Wow all those renderings make it look completely different when you add that third dimension. It's also a pretty nice brochure that Colvill put together hopefully someone big bites and adds a few floors to the final design. After reading Nancy's article on the planning of Transco Tower, makes me hopeful that something like that could happen in this similar economic boom. They're also putting another 30,000 Sq ft rooftop garden which seems to be pretty standard these days.

• Like 2

I zoomed in on the brochure and I'm 99% sure inside the first floor of the garage there is an Apple symbol. Probably wont be them but there is hope for retail.

Clearly a sign that Apple is relocating their entire workforce to Houston and that this is the first of many buildings planned.

• Like 2

Clearly a sign that Apple is relocating their entire workforce to Houston and that this is the first of many buildings planned.

hahahaha!  smiling is fun.  it's my favorite.  any retail on street level will be nice.  who knows.

I wonder if there are offices above where the roof starts to slant i.e., is that just a box tower with a decorative slanted roof?

i would think they would but the renderings don't make it look like there will be. the building was initially 48 floors so perhaps they originally had the slanted area as usable space and have scaled back for now... don't know.

the linbeck building on market square has a similar concept in that there's a curved roofline but they do have smaller "penthouse" floor plates going all the way up. that said they recently knocked it down from 50 stories to 41 or 42 i believe.

• Like 1