Crossing At Katy Fulshear: Shopping Center At 1093 FM 1463

matthias

I saw that Lovett Commercial have put up a sign at this intersection and it looks like a Wal-Mart will be going in soon based on their site. Does anyone else have any additional information regarding this area? It seems that this new Wal-Mart would be rather close to the one at Bella Terra. 

Thanks.

I saw that Lovett Commercial have put up a sign at this intersection and it looks like a Wal-Mart will be going in soon based on their site. Does anyone else have any additional information regarding this area? It seems that this new Wal-Mart would be rather close to the one at Bella Terra.

Thanks.

Found this.

http://www.lovettcommercial.com/Detail.aspx?idwebarea=36&webid=143

• 2 months later...

My guess is that they're probably waiting for some of the home construction out there to be completed so that they have a bigger customer base. Still shocked that they are building so close to another WalMart though.

I have heard that nothing is going to happen here until 2014. Anyone know why? Are they waiting on road construction? 

fairly common.  A developer wants to scoop up the land and secure major anchors before someone else does, but it doesn't start building until the area is a bit more built out.  The retail at Spring Green and 1093 was announced more than 5 years before they actually started building - that delay was probably due more to threatened litigation by the developer (who eventually ironed things out with Ft Bend county and then sold off part of the original development).  The NW corner, which was originally part of the development was up for sale recently - I hope the original proposed Lowe's at that spot is still in the picture.

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

I just wanted to write and confirm that there is going to be a Super Walmart at this corner.  I own the Sport Clips Haircuts at the Bella Terra Walmart and I just executed a lease to open one at the Fulshear Walmart.  I found it strange as well that there would be TWO super Walmarts within a 3-mile radius of each other but clearly someone sees the potential demand to be worth the investment.  I have visited with the developer and this center will have many Jr. anchors as well (like the Bella Terra Walmart), many restaurants, banks, and they are in talks with Lowe's or Home Depot but nothing has been signed by either yet.  I know there are some who like Walmart and others who don't but I hope ALL of you LOVE Sport Clips Haircuts!  Thank you to all in the Katy / Richmond area who are loyal clients and for those who have not tried Sport Clips I would love to see you at my store sometime :)

- Cheston

Oh, and btw...Costco is building a location on the SW corner of 99 and I-10 for the person wishing for a Costco.

Thanks. I'm aware of the planned Costco location. Good luck with success in your new location. What's the developers timeline to start construction and when are you targetting to open?

I think another Walmart is overkill.  I don't know why it is needed there, maybe closer to Fulshear would have been a better option.

Thanks for the info on the Sports Clips, Cheston.  I have been in to your shoppe...  Do you own the one by Katy Mills too?  

• The title was changed to Katy Fulshear Crossing At FM 1463 And FM 1093
  • The title was changed to Crossing At Katy Fulshear: Shopping Center At 1093 FM 1463

Archived