Midtown Retail Development

hokieone

post-3695-1217532900_thumb.jpg

:ph34r:

Wow - what? Looks like a residential high rise. And what is that all glass building on the right (where I guess the current High Fashion parking lot currently is)?

I wonder if they actually have anything in the works with Barnes and Noble. This would be absolutely huge for Midtown.

Wow - what? Looks like a residential high rise. And what is that all glass building on the right (where I guess the current High Fashion parking lot currently is)?

I wonder if they actually have anything in the works with Barnes and Noble. This would be absolutely huge for Midtown.

So much of it is just breath taking, there has to be a developer site somewhere on the net with more renderings.

2nbx2wz.jpg

Thanx swtsig, nice find, but I think most will agree, we prefer embedded images rather than downloads. :D

dude, i tried for like 10 mins. trying to get that damn pic to embed... apparently i'm computer retarded.

thanks.

and rr, i also noticed the large glass building to the right. i'll tell you this much, through this redering that intersection looks nothing like the houston i know.

dude, i tried for like 10 mins. trying to get that damn pic to embed... apparently i'm computer retarded.

Host it on a remote site, like tinypic, and then embed with the photo button. I don't use the HAIF photo storage.

Wow - what? Looks like a residential high rise. And what is that all glass building on the right (where I guess the current High Fashion parking lot currently is

I second the wow! Very impressive. And you are right RR, that building on the right is where the current High Fashion parking lot is.

thanks.

and rr, i also noticed the large glass building to the right. i'll tell you this much, through this redering that intersection looks nothing like the houston i know.

Do you have any more info on this? I still am under the skeptical impression that this is just a marketing tool for their new building across the street. It just looks a little too ambitious for Crosspoint. Plus, Crosspoint loves putting together renderings around Midtown, so I don't know how much value should really be put in this.

Edited by roadrunner

Do you have any more info on this? I still am under the skeptical impression that this is just a marketing tool for their new building across the street. It just looks a little too ambitious for Crosspoint. Plus, Crosspoint loves putting together renderings around Midtown, so I don't know how much we value should really be put in this.

not really, just stumled across this while searching for something else... simply says proposed, although it does have an occupancy date of Jan. 2010 but i wouldn't put much stock in that.

Edited by swtsig

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They probably make patrons leave them at the door.

i don't understand what you are suggesting. if you are trying to be funny, you failed in my opinion. the people that run this place are very cool. when i was buying my furniture i was very indecisive. they let me take pictures with my digital camera so I can take it home and ask my friends what they think. so, i'm pretty sure if Jax wanted to walk in there with his film crew and shoot a movie, he could.

i don't understand what you are suggesting. if you are trying to be funny, you failed in my opinion. the people that run this place are very cool. when i was buying my furniture i was very indecisive. they let me take pictures with my digital camera so I can take it home and ask my friends what they think. so, i'm pretty sure if Jax wanted to walk in there with his film crew and shoot a movie, he could.

You can afford to buy furniture there?!?!?!?!

Speaking of this place (not sure if discussed before on Haif) but they have some of the rarest fabrics & rare materials available to the public. It is more expensive than the average fabric store but they got what you need. I think mostly designers and hardcore fabric enthusiasts visit on a regular basis. One of the sales clerks said they import items from all around the world. I believe it. It is very similar to another place in So Cal called Hyena Silks. We have a friend that own her own folkloric dance org and they always buy their costume materials here and have professionally made for stage. You must visit both buildings when possible. Its mind boggling. :o:)

http://64.251.200.101/home.aspx

and very similar material Socal store - Hyena

http://www.hyenaproductions.com/index.asp

41eibLvqfEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Speaking of this place (not sure if discussed before on Haif) but they have some of the rarest fabrics & rare materials available to the public. It is more expensive than the average fabric store but they got what you need. I think mostly designers and hardcore fabric enthusiasts visit on a regular basis. One of the sales clerks said they import items from all around the world. I believe it. It is very similar to another place in So Cal called Hyena Silks. We have a friend that own her own folkloric dance org and they always buy their costume materials here and have professionally made for stage. You must visit both buildings when possible. Its mind boggling. :o:)

I made a homecoming dress for my daughter and found this store - my jaw just about hit the floor when i saw the selection!

• 6 months later...
what ever happened to this? still sitting idle?

Eh. This is all I could find so far...

construction won't start until 2009 at the earliest.

http://swamplot.com/midtown-mix-fit-for-leasing/2008-02-25/

CrossPoint Properties has more developments though.

http://www.crosspointproperties.com/prop5.htm

Edited by UpuPUp!