The Mix: Mixed-Use Project Planned For Two Blocks In Midtown

ricco67

6 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

FWIW, without a link to see the "world population stats" you are quoting, they are almost certainly based on a projection of (now outdated) census estimates.  According to the US Census, July 1 estimated population of San Francisco was 866,606.

They just had to throw that '666' in there, didn't they....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, arbpro said:

It was for a long time but then it became a victim of its own success and fell into serious mismanagement. But regardless of what any poll says, the proof is in the pudding. People still pay 3 times more to live in SF than they do to live in Houston. If the cost of real estate there starts going down, then I'll believe that people are really fleeing. Until then, they're not fleeing.

• Like 9

• 10 months later...
On 7/2/2021 at 11:43 AM, H-Town Man said:

It was for a long time but then it became a victim of its own success and fell into serious mismanagement. But regardless of what any poll says, the proof is in the pudding. People still pay 3 times more to live in SF than they do to live in Houston. If the cost of real estate there starts going down, then I'll believe that people are really fleeing. Until then, they're not fleeing.

New York always seems to have been a place that people said they were fleeing, but every decade, the Census shows more people moved in than moved out. As people depart for other parts of the US, immigrants replace them. It has been like that for over a century. New York City has more people now than it's ever had.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, toxtethogrady said:

New York always seems to have been a place that people said they were fleeing, but every decade, the Census shows more people moved in than moved out. As people depart for other parts of the US, immigrants replace them. It has been like that for over a century. New York City has more people now than it's ever had.

Census Bureau this morning released 2021 population estimates for cities.

New York City:  8,467,513, a net loss of  305,465 (3.48%) in one year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Yes, the pandemic dealt them a blow.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

I went through all the top cities on the list. If I am to believe the estimates, Houston and Dallas lost population, as did many other cities, while San Antonio and Fort Worth had gains of 10,000. Almost every other large American city appears to have lost population. I would not be surprised if the 2022 estimates show these people miraculously reappearing...

• Like 3

Articles are behind paywalls but it appears Forth Worth and San Antonio may have annexed land recently. Cities can increase population by adding land, while losing residents in the original city limits and still have net positive increases. Sun belt cities do this much more frequently than NE, West coast and MW cities. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I worked at Adcetera across the street for 4 years when the original Mix phase 2 was planned to go up and never did. I'm so happy to see this entire chunk of land up for development. This has the potential to be a real catalyst for the area considering the success of The Mix. I do think The Mix needs to update their parking garage because that thing is looking a little rough but the Louisiana side is pretty nice. I'm expecting something really grand for the area, similar to the expectations for the lot on Westheimer and Montrose. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I worked at Adcetera across the street for 4 years when the original Mix phase 2 was planned to go up and never did. I'm so happy to see this entire chunk of land up for development. This has the potential to be a real catalyst for the area considering the success of The Mix. I do think The Mix needs to update their parking garage because that thing is looking a little rough but the Louisiana side is pretty nice. I'm expecting something really grand for the area, similar to the expectations for the lot on Westheimer and Montrose. 

Man everytime I go to that parking garage 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 3