The Mix: Mixed-Use Project Planned For Two Blocks In Midtown

12 minutes ago, Triton said:

Video was posted in September 2019. The world kinda changed since then. lol But with the economy clearly booming again, I'm willing to bet this isn't the last we've heard of the Mix.

It’s listed here by JLL as “Midtown 41”, the pdf was uploaded this year.

http://houstoninnovation.resource.jll.com/uploads/1/3/3/1/133109397/mixed_use_development_2021.pdf

• Like 1
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See page 28, I spy Target signage   https://www.graniteprop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/granite-flourish.pdf    

the developer is indeed in talks with target at this location. just FYI.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Triton said:

Video was posted in September 2019. The world kinda changed since then. lol But with the economy clearly booming again, I'm willing to bet this isn't the last we've heard of the Mix.

The economy isn't booming. The stock market is going up because the government is printing and giving away money and people are hurrying to put it into something before it devalues, but the economy isn't booming. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

The economy isn't booming. The stock market is going up because the government is printing and giving away money and people are hurrying to put it into something before it devalues, but the economy isn't booming. 

Some people have money piling up and are "investing" in stocks because their normal spending habits have been disrupted.  

8 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

N

Edited by Response
On 4/7/2021 at 4:26 AM, Urbannizer said:

Looks like plans called for this to start October 2020. 

Interesting, the brand new restaurant and parking lot still hasn't opened. Would they just demo it to start this or has this been scrapped/held off for a few years. Seems like a waste after spending all that money on the restaurant and paving the lot, even though they restaurant kind of looks like it's made of cardboard. 

I just hope those renters on the back of pearl at the mix know what they might have to deal with if construction starts lol

On 4/7/2021 at 10:44 PM, Urbannizer said:

It’s listed here by JLL as “Midtown 41”, the pdf was uploaded this year.

http://houstoninnovation.resource.jll.com/uploads/1/3/3/1/133109397/mixed_use_development_2021.pdf

Ah I just noticed it says long term proposed. So probably 3+ years until it starts. It just means it has zoning approved which in houston is like instantly (?) haha. 

23 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

Then you're not reading the numbers. The economy is most definitely booming and most businesses right now can't keep up with the demand... we are seeing a near record number of 7.4 million job openings.  Forget the government's antics of pumping in billions... People are ready to get out and enjoy life post-covid. You saw nearly 1 million jobs added last month. At our start-up, Joyride.com, we are getting an unprecedented amount of trips just in the past month because people are beginning to actually travel again. Look at the price of oil. The economy is taking off whether it stands in line with certain political views or not... it was due to take off because of the pent-up demand, no matter who became president. I seriously see a lot of projects that were postponed during 2020 due to Covid will come back this year or next.

Here are some high frequency indicators because facts matter...

Hotel occupancy is skyrocketing upwards:

HotelApr82021.PNG

Seating at restaurants:

DinersApr42021.PNG

Gasoline supplied is coming back up to 2019 levels:

GasolineApr32021.PNG

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Triton said:

Then you're not reading the numbers. The economy is most definitely booming and most businesses right now can't keep up with the demand... we are seeing a near record number of 7.4 million job openings.  Forget the government's antics of pumping in billions... People are ready to get out and enjoy life post-covid. You saw nearly 1 million jobs added last month. At our start-up, Joyride.com, we are getting an unprecedented amount of trips just in the past month because people are beginning to actually travel again. Look at the price of oil. The economy is taking off whether it stands in line with certain political views or not... it was due to take off because of the pent-up demand, no matter who became president. I seriously see a lot of projects that were postponed during 2020 due to Covid will come back this year or next.

Here are some high frequency indicators because facts matter...

Hotel occupancy is skyrocketing upwards:

HotelApr82021.PNG

Seating at restaurants:

DinersApr42021.PNG

Gasoline supplied is coming back up to 2019 levels:

GasolineApr32021.PNG

Yes, people are ready to get out and enjoy life. So what? There are still way fewer people than normal out and enjoying life, although Texas is close to normal due to lax restrictions. The fact that the economy is better than it was prior to the pandemic is due to the volume of cash added. You showed me a bunch of graphs that should indicate an economy getting back to where it was, not soaring past it. Certain political views? I don't see this as a political issue. 

• Like 1

In their respective contexts, they're both right. You can say it's "booming," but those numbers are coming from places opening up from the pandemic. That still counts, but to me it comes with a grain of salt. Of course, there's always the whole "booming for who" thing too. Depends on your definition/perspective.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, por favor gracias said:

In their respective contexts, they're both right. You can say it's "booming," but those numbers are coming from places opening up from the pandemic. That still counts, but to me it comes with a grain of salt. Of course, there's always the whole "booming for who" thing too. Depends on your definition/perspective.

Yeah it’s a grey area. The economy was roaring in the 20’s but only for a very select few. Things are definitely looking up but but jobs added numbers can be deceiving, a lot of jobs added in recent years have been second and third jobs because peoples primary jobs can’t support them. 

• Like 1