Sign in to follow this  
frheard

2400 Brazos St, Houston, TX - BRB Closing Sold the Building

Via Swamplot - http://www.houstonvoice.org/2013/02/05/after-serving-houstons-lgbt-country-genre-since-1979-the-brb-is-closing/

2400 Brazos St, Houston, TX

BRB Closing sold the land - woner what will be coming here? There is also that little Printing shop and the empty lot on the corner that seems destined for something new as well.

I wonder to where they'll relocate.  They had far too much business to just shut down.

I'm not sure your post was in the wrong place - although likely do you know if BRB building is going to be demolished? Excited to see this block continue to change / side note the Dogeood Bar is really coming along next door

BRB - pics from the morning. Looks like they are gutting the inside and I would guess tearing down the building soon. Not sure of the plans for this lot.

post-4485-0-14067600-1368302434_thumb.jp

post-4485-0-08800300-1368302450_thumb.jp

Brazos River Bottom is being converted to a new spot called “Docks on Brazos”. The remodel of the gutted building has already begun.

LAN, do you know what the concept will be?

It is suppose to be bar style on bottom and a lounge on the second floor.  

I heard the former owner from Cheerz (which use to be where Drinkery is now) is involved.  Not confirmed though.

I really hope the owner of Open City/Cheerz is NOT involved. That place was incredibly tacky and brought in a terrible crowd. They had to have cops outside the place on weekends, including Sundays. I always had people yelling and fighting or flying down the road during their Sunday Fundays. Open City/Cheerz almost killed that entire block.

new painted sign up called "the Gaslamps"

The reconstruction is really moving along - I will try to get another pic today -- they had a lot more of the metal structure done yesterday when I rode by....

This place looks sort of like the nearby Dogwood but is much bigger.  It's huge.  It looks like an indoor bar, an outdoor patio area, and 2 rooftop areas.  It is really coming along.  But, I wonder how Midtown can absorb the people needed to fill this place along with all the other bars around.  Business must really be booming.

The view directly opposite of this is really impressive, I walked by it yesterday but didn't even think to take a picture. My bad.