Dolce Midtown: Multifamily At 210 W. Gray St.

DrLan34

Anyone know the tallest building in Houston ever to burn down?

I know the city hall burned down a few times in the cities early history. Aside from that nothing in the recent history comes to my mind. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked up some stuff:

Big fire in 1912, where 40 blocks were torched. Maybe a tall building in that area at the time 

http://www.chron.com/life/article/Downtown-up-in-a-blaze-from-1912-fire-2010016.php

1982 westchase - 13 floors. Thats the tallest I could find. (it technically did not burn down, but is a tragic incident regarding on skirting safety equipment)

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/03/07/us/fire-in-houston-at-a-new-hotel-leaves-10-dead.html

Is there a reason youre trying to be an internet tough guy? Are you a conservationist of internet data?

The conversation is relevant. We have a tall wooden structure under construction in Houston, and people are inquiring about its safety, feasibility, architecture, usage, etc...That wooden structure fire safety is relevent considering recent torching of a similar structure not that far away.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I noticed the same thing when I drove by the last few times -- there are junk piles in the same place for weeks....stuff looks "old"....are they still working on it ?

Looks like they are removing some of the old panels and replacing them.

• 3 weeks later...

The lot behind the western Dolce Living building is for sale (with the old row houses-on victor st, between bailey and gillette) $1.5 million. I wonder what will happen with that.  Its across the street from the Victory housing projects, so it could be a risky purchase. Im surprised Dolce didnt jump on that property. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived