Elan Med Center At 7010 Staffordshire Blvd.

lockmat

i like the design of this one a lot - yes, even the garage. at least they're trying to make it less of an eyesore. glad to see more of these "modern" designs popping up as opposed to the more traditional stucco/brick variations so prevalent in Houston.

Edited by swtsig
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like the entrance, looks very elegant. People make a decision to lease based on the entrance, the lobby/clubhouse and the pool area - of course if it's at the right price. People put a great deal of importance on the ability to impress visitors.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think they look fine. However, I think we have reached critical mass in terms of just how these parking structures effect the overall composition of an entire body of work. Honestly it shouldn't take that much more effort to bury that thing or work out some kind of deal with the city where you create one general purpose parking lot for an area in town used by all. This exclusivity of parking arrangement where EVERY building needs its own dedicated parking structure (which I know its actually code/laws more than anything else) is simply ludicrous!

once you get a layered public transit system going and trust from the public that it will service their needs then the need for mass parking disappears.

Over time, perhaps.

I just moved my office into a nice, supposedly LEED triple gold pressed latinum all the stars of the Milky Way certified building.  

With zero bicycle accommodations that I can find.  I think the remaining bike messengers use the loading dock.

• Like 2

well its not just the lack of bike racks, but the current bike paths that are simply stripes painted on streets are just downright unsafe! Most don't even continue that far and terminate at awkward areas forcing them back onto the sidewalks or to just risk their lives near the fringes.

• 1 month later...

Looking at these great shots I hope they'll think about building a pedestrian bridge across brays bayou, between the two new residential projects going up on this side of brays. Med center could provide covered bus stop for med center bus shuttle. At least for ut system. I'm sure a lot of the residents would use this instead of driving and paying parking. Obviously these residents primarily work in med center.

• Like 1

My comments were deleted?? I certainly didn't feel like they were personal... just joking with a fellow photographer ("living under the bridge?"). Whatever moderator deleted them, feel free to PM me why! 

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Elan Med Center by Greystar

Multifamily development adjacent to TMC trades hands

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2020/04/16/multifamily-development-adjacent-to-tmc-trades.html

A subsidiary of Los Angeles-based CBRE (NYSE: CBRE) has purchased a 281-unit multifamily development that is situated just outside the Texas Medical Center.

CBRE Global Investors paid an undisclosed sum to acquire the Elan Med Center, which is located at 7010 Staffordshire St. The multifamily development is near the intersection of Holcombe Boulevard and Cambridge Street and abuts Brays Bayou.

The development was completed in 2014 as a podium-style building. Tenants have the choice of either a one- or two-bedroom unit. Each unit is outfitted with quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances, Nest thermostats and 10- to 14-foot ceiling heights.

Amenities in the building include a pool, a clubhouse, a game room, a fitness center, a pet park, multiple study lounges, and an outdoor terrace area with a kitchen and grills, according to an April 16 news release. The building also has a seven-story parking garage and is located near the Brays Bayou Greenway Trail.

While the terms of the transaction were not disclosed, the property was valued at $58.9 million as of Jan. 1, according to Harris County Appraisal District records. The former owner is an affiliate of South Carolina-based Greystar, which develops and manages Elan properties. Locally, Greystar also has Elan properties near Memorial Park and the Heights.

CBRE GI targeted the property because it provides easy access to the hospitals located in the Medical Center.

Steve Gullo, senior managing director of acquisitions for CBRE GI, described the property as one of only three residential buildings that meets the five-minute commute requirement for the Memorial Hermann and Texas Children’s surgical resident programs.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Elan Med Center At 7010 Staffordshirre Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Elan Med Center At 7010 Staffordshire Blvd.