BancorpSouth Retail Center At 4920 San Felipe St.

doubt the building will survive the wrecking ball. i know who purchased the site and let's just say it doesn't leave one with a lot of optisim regarding its redevelopment... regardless of what they paid for it (a lot). that's all i know so only time will tell i suppose.

• Like 1

I passed by the Brucette's shoe store on Bay Area Blvd. last Friday and it was open and appered to be fully stocked. I wonder if the Brucette's in the Galleria will just relocate. My young adult daughter has a passion for shoes exceeded only by Imelda Marcos so I am peripherally aware of these things. When I was paying for her clothes and shoes I was acutely aware. :wacko:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2013/02/05/icon-bank-starting-construction-on-two.html

only in Houston will you see one of the most presitigious hard corners in the city sell for a ridiculous price only to be developed into a drive-thru bank* immediately next door to another drive-thru bank and within 100 yards of 3 other drive thru banks.

maddening.

*i will openly admit that i am merely speculating on the drive-thru bank since it really isn't specified but it's probably a fairly safe assumption.

• Like 2

I am hoping that Flite Banking Centers take off. Such a smart and simple concept (combine multiple banking ATMs under one uniform umbrella). I know the Kirby/59 location has been successful and that another one is coming to I-10/Durham area. I'd prefer to see 1 FLITE center than 6 stand-alone chain banks.

• Like 1

Agreed.  I think the kirby(ish) 59 one is pretty cool.  In all the times I've been through it I've never seen anyone use the car charger though (LOL).  Also, I think I read online that the same bank also picked up the AT&T site next store.  Either way... seems like a $hit load of banks within ONE BLOCK.,

• Like 1

Agreed.  I think the kirby(ish) 59 one is pretty cool.  In all the times I've been through it I've never seen anyone use the car charger though (LOL).  Also, I think I read online that the same bank also picked up the AT&T site next store.  Either way... seems like a $hit load of banks within ONE BLOCK.,

there will be 3 drive thru banks NEXT DOOR TO EACH OTHER, including the vacant one next to the Wells Fargo... it's insane. oh ya, go ahead and include the propserity drive thru a block over. and the bank of america on san felipe and sage. and i'm pretty sure the current verizon was a drive thru bank in a previous life. oh and frost bank will be going into the newest phase of BLVD Place. that's nine concrete islands in what should be a densifying area (although i'll probably cut some slack to the frost, prosperity and sovereign banks.)

i think i need someone to explain to me how banks value/determine locations... to me drive thru banks are the single most obnoxious use of prime urban properties since they're essentially just giant parking lots.

• Like 2

I think location determination goes something like this....

Uptown and Tanglewood have rich people...  Rich people always want more banks ('cause they all offer different services... oh wait)... we're a bank and we like money... Competitors don't matter (see point two)... Build at any cost.

I should do this for a living.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to BancorpSouth Center on San Felipe at Post Oak
  • 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to BancorpSouth Center On San Felipe At Post Oak
  • 1 month later...

Cadence Bancorporation, BancorpSouth Bank to merge in $6B deal

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/04/12/bancorpsouth-bank-cadence-bancorporation-to-merge.html

The all-stock merger has a total market value of more than $6 billion, the companies announced April 12. The deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2021.

Cadence shareholders will receive 0.7 shares of BXS for each share of CADE they own, and a one-time special cash dividend will give Cadence shareholders $1.25 per share in conjunction with the closing of the merger. BancorpSouth shareholders will own approximately 55% of the combined company, and Cadence shareholders will own approximately 45%.

The combined company will operate under the Cadence Bank name and combine the aesthetics of both brands and logos. It will have dual headquarters in Houston and Tupelo, Mississippi, making it the fifth-largest bank based in its combined nine-state footprint.

• The title was changed to BancorpSouth Center On San Felipe St. At Post Oak Blvd.
  • The title was changed to BancorpSouth Retail Center At 4920 San Felipe St.