Office Tower At 1111 Travis St.

burgower4

Click the image for higher resolution.

uIZ7Q3ql.jpg

Edit: I tried to capture it as best I could but for over a month now (maybe two) there has been major work on top of the Bank of America Center. You can barely see the scaffolding in this photo.

Edited by Triton
  • Like 2

Unfortunately this was the only shot I could get today. There were too many construction crewmembers today. Maybe someone can get a better one this upcoming week.

4sW7EgYl.jpg

Edited by Triton
  • Like 3

It looks wood is propping up the sides of the old foundation. However, didn't the old Foley's go several levels below ground than that? I seem to recall reading somewhere that it had a fairly extensive underground labyrinth of tunnels, with things like a car center and "Foley's Academy" in the basement, as well as a restaurant.

Edited by IronTiger

^^ IIRC, the car center was across the street in the parking garage, and Foley's Academy was on the same level as the hookup to the rest of the tunnel system.  Over the years the dining option(s) moved all over the place.