Office Tower At 1111 Travis St.

burgower4

Unusual that they would turn the plaza/main entry space towards the Americana Building and not towards Main Street?  Maybe there are long range plans to re-do/build something new on the Americana site?  (DISCLAIMER: That last statement is just my guess - I have zero actual information regarding that block or intended developments elsewhere around the Macy's site)

Edited by arche_757

Hm. It looks like that might be a parking garage facing Main. Hopefully it has ground floor retail...

Gotta up that ratio. Right now Main averages 1.17 parking garages per block between Texas and Dallas. If Hilcorp/Hines puts their garage on Main, it will be 1.33 garages per block. Main Street will pretty much be an international paragon of what happens to your signature downtown street when you don't have zoning.

• Like 1

OK I think this is looking northwest, from Green Street, and the ghost building front left is the Humble Building.  The curve side opens up a plaza at Dallas and Travis.  It wouldn't make any sense on the northwest facing three parking garages.  

I'm really wondering about the America block; doesn't Hillcorp own that as well?  I foresee a parking garage however.

A strong factor in garage location would be Main Street Square and the difficult driving conditions there. Something on Travis would be much easier.

I suspect the buildings and streets in the rendering might just be stock and have nothing to do with what exists there.

Edited by H-Town Man

What makes you think that the parking garage faces Main?  I'm trying to figure out what angle we are viewing and cannot find any very strong clues.

Would that redering be showing the corner of Lamar and Travis or Dallas and Travis in the foreground since you can't see the rail line?

It's a garage on Main with ground floor retail. It's about as tasteful a garage as you could want (and Main Street has become, in many ways, a showcase of tasteful parking garages), but you'll still be looking up to see cars as you stroll down Main.

Maybe they can arrange to only allow Italian sports cars park in the areas visible from Main. ;)

Edited by august948
  • Like 1

Ok, now please tell me I'm wrong. I'm thinking that's a garage on the Main Street side above the retail, but those floors look awfully level for a garage. That's clearly a garage entrance on Dallas St. though. Could it be that there is some kind of a thin conference center along there, with the garage sandwiched in between it and the building? 

10597538983_752346b174_b.jpg

• Like 2

Ok, now please tell me I'm wrong. I'm thinking that's a garage on the Main Street side above the retail, but those floors look awfully level for a garage. That's clearly a garage entrance on Dallas St. though. Could it be that there is some kind of a thin conference center along there, with the garage sandwiched in between it and the building? 

Could the parking be underground?

The garage entry is on Dallas and the exit on Lamar.  The ramps might very well be in the middle, so the floors look flat from Main.  It's interesting that the "front" is on Travis.  I would have expected Main.  

Okay, but look at that glass section on the corner of Dallas and Main, going up a few stories. Does that look like the corner of a parking garage? And notice how the exterior above the garage entrance on Dallas looks very different from how it looks as you go toward Main.

Unusual that they would turn the plaza/main entry space towards the Americana Building and not towards Main Street? Maybe there are long range plans to re-do/build something new on the Americana site? (DISCLAIMER: That last statement is just my guess - I have zero actual information regarding that block or intended developments elsewhere around the Macy's site)

Hilcorp does own the Americana site. And everything has closed on that block except for the Subway. Gone are Zero's, Popeyes, JCI.

Also, note the tunnel across Travis to the Macy's garage is shown in the site plan.

• Like 1