Office Tower At 1111 Travis St.

burgower4

Can someone check on DrLan34?   He may have met with an untimely demise after attempting to reveal someone's secrets.  ;-)

haha 23 stories, completion expected December 2015, Hines will be throwing this one up too.  Kind of looks like an elliptical prism.

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 4

First time I ever heard of a 23 story building needing two city blocks.  Bet there will be a skybridge too.  Not much hope that this will be anything but craptastic.

I'm not so sure. Hillcorp is not a huge company with a need tons of space, obviously, but they made a killing the last few years and have billions to spend. Between deep pockets and working with Hines, I bet we could see something cool. Maybe not something that impacts the skyline, but a cool building nonetheless. I'll take 25 stories of awesome over 50 stories of blah.

Edited by capnmcbarnacle
  • Like 2

I'm not so sure. Hillcorp is not a huge company with a need tons of space, obviously, but they made a killing the last few years and have billions to spend. Between deep pockets and working with Hines, I bet we could see something cool. Maybe not something that impacts the skyline, but a cool building nonetheless. I'll take 25 stories of awesome over 50 stories of blah.

I hope you're right.

Any renderings? Where is everyone getting their info?

I know. But I won't say. In fact, I possess dozens of renderings of everything that is planned to go up in Houston within the next 10 years,  but I won't post them. They are for MY eyes only and select individuals much better than you or the other people who regularly visit this website.

Although I am not at liberty to show my vast reserve of renderings of future projects in Houston to you, you can at least take comfort that I have seen all the renderings and I am telling you that I have seen them.

Just kidding. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First time I ever heard of a 23 story building needing two city blocks.  Bet there will be a skybridge too.  Not much hope that this will be anything but craptastic.

Instead of a sky bridge isn't there an existing tunnel connecting the Foleys and Americana blocks?  I would think they would try to use that.

Instead of a sky bridge isn't there an existing tunnel connecting the Foleys and Americana blocks?  I would think they would try to use that.

Unless there was something from the "Foley's Garage" in to the store itself, I don't recall the Americana block being tunnel connected.

I could certainly be wrong there.

Unless there was something from the "Foley's Garage" in to the store itself, I don't recall the Americana block being tunnel connected.

I could certainly be wrong there.

Yes, there is a tunnel from the Foley's Garage into the store building, and the tunnel map shows a "tenant only" tunnel access from the Foley's garage to the Americana Building.

Edited by Houston19514

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...