Office Tower At 1111 Travis St.

burgower4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

excuse the lack of quality on the picture, my LG phone's camera is worthless.

So, the last of the digging and cleaning machines have been removed, the walls of the 'bathtub' have been shored up, and the tunnel entrance is sealed.

We now have the future home of Hilcorp, sans building.

11958279456_4bb01840c5_b.jpg

• Like 6

I think most of us are hoping so, but as we have seen time after time, things don't tend to go according to plan.

I know. I hope that this bucks the trend of construction grinding to a halt just as the economy pulls the rug out from under projects suvh as this.

^What "economy" are you referring to?  I keep seeing this posted - you people are clueless (no offense meant).  We've not yet reached the peak of the current "boom" so quit worrying.  We'll hear about several other large projects soon - no doubt.  Residential/retail will be hot in 2014, office highrises (except ones like this one where the developer IS the tenant) may slow down in the city core, but we'll still thrive.  Quit worrying!  Enjoy life.  Its Friday!!!

Edited by arche_757
  • Like 3

There is now a Harvey Builders sign on the fence at Dallas and Travis. This means that site control has likely transitioned from Cherry (demolition) to Harvey (construction), so I'd wager that you should start seeing work on the tower soon.

• Like 2

There is now a Harvey Builders sign on the fence at Dallas and Travis. This means that site control has likely transitioned from Cherry (demolition) to Harvey (construction), so I'd wager that you should start seeing work on the tower soon.

I noticed that the other day and was hoping that was the meaning of it...

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Main St. public meeting tonight and they said they're considering closing the west side of Main only at this block because of the plans a "project" has to include it. I don't know why he didn't just say Macy's because he referenced it multiple times during the meeting.

The other big proposal they're considering is having cafe seating next to the curb, with walking space between the seating and buildings, as opposed to having the cafe seating directly next to the building as it is right now. Everyone that spoke up there was in favor of that change. No other major proposals were presented. They mainly want to declutter the area without changing the current feel.

Two people spoke up wanting to totally close off traffic on Main, but Christof said there isn't the critical mass of pedestrians to do that just yet. He said it doesn't mean they can't do it on special occasions, but that they've done that before and stopped, apparently because it wasn't successful enough.

I was kinda surprised no business stake holders were there, but then again, they're probably busy working.

Edited by lockmat

Thanks brijonmang, I try to keep up on what's happening, but there is just to much :). Also from Tumbleweed TX picture it looks like they are starting site work, I can't think of anything else that they could be doing if they were still clearing the site.