Office Tower At 1111 Travis St.

burgower4

If the chi in my name taught me anything - they will wish (apache) that they bought DT

Everything cycles and DT is already strong but I imagine will become hot office spot again

Chicago firms are pouring back downtown after years of suburban sprawl

In not trying to start a huge argument bc can't do anything ab it and these decisions in global campuses and new towers are made by a very small group I people CEOs ect. - whatever they want they get - not hating on energy cooridor - Sug town - or w land - it's all good man! But mark this mans words eventually DT will be the it spot for companies - and i love DT now BTW

ciao-/:/-

• Like 2

If the chi in my name taught me anything - they will wish (apache) that they bought DT

Everything cycles and DT is already strong but I imagine will become hot office spot again

Chicago firms are pouring back downtown after years of suburban sprawl

In not trying to start a huge argument bc can't do anything ab it and these decisions in global campuses and new towers are made by a very small group I people CEOs ect. - whatever they want they get - not hating on energy cooridor - Sug town - or w land - it's all good man! But mark this mans words eventually DT will be the it spot for companies - and i love DT now BTW

ciao-/:/-

Apache is building in Uptown. I wouldn't exactly consider that suburban sprawl.

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely a lack of public places to view this and it will still be dark at 6:10 am. I'll be honest I could get a close up view but am declining for general health reasons. I do have a view of the Travis St. urban canyon so I'll probably snap a few pics of the dust up through the dawn light.

Edited by infinite_jim

I have zero knowledge of demolition, so apologies if these are dumb questions.

I work next door to the Macy's (29th floor of the 1000 Main builiding, right across Lamar). Any chance that I'll be able to go into my office that Sunday morning to watch the demolition? Or will they require evacuation of all the buildings in the 9-block area?

Swamplot reports that it will be imploded at 6:10 am that day.

http://swamplot.com/metro-taking-cover-now-that-macys-implosions-impending/2013-08-15/

Edit: Metro has to remove light posts, wire, etc. Could cause minor problems.

HBJ also confirms Sept 22

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2013/08/16/downtown-houston-macys-demolition-set.html

for some reason i could of sworn i read somewhere that an energy company was building a 29ish story tower at that site? dont take it as fact though, i think it was just in the comments of one of the forums i read.  i may be getting it confused with a different lot on main street. who knows.

Edited by cloud713