Beauchamp Estates Development In The Heights

houstonray

Weekley put in a bunch of town homes on Nicholson between 8th and 7th. They actually did a half decent job of incorporating some craftsman style design elements compared to the stucco and lick 'n stick stone townhomes on 8th.

Weekley is trying to do more projects inside the loop after seeing how well Frank Liu has done on some of his townhome developments. They have a lot on Yale St. @ 7th that they are developing.

The advertisement is pretty odd. The lot on Beauchamp is not that big. I really doubt that they will put in a single family home like the one on the ad. I do not think they would be able to fit more than two on a lot like that. I suspect they will build more townhomes like the ones on Nicholson on that lot.

What is scary about it? It is a bit complicated to turn a parking lot into historic homes. You kinda have to build new homes there...unless the parking lot is "historic".

Because the one in the picture is way wrong for the neighborhood. That being said, I'm OK with the parking lot going away that's been a bit of an eyesore anyway. I would just would like to see something that at least looks nice in the neighborhood and not like Katy has come to inside the loop.

I wonder if that spot is governed by the historic designation? Ought to be interesting to see what they build.

As someone else said, I can't see more than a few there. That lot is not very deep but pretty wide. Maybe 6 in a row?

I always get a kick out of builders who plant trees and thoroughly landscape immediately in front of an attached garage. So basically they admit the house in the stock photo is ugly, and their solution was to make a major feature of the house totally unusable while trying to sell it.

Wow this is right next to my house. Why do people keep bringing up 45 expansion? Do you really think the interstate would encroach this closely? Highly doubt it... It could affect the lots next to it over off of Houston Ave but not even if you put in a Katy Freeway sized interstate there could you reach this development.

The lot across from the empty lot in the david weekly add with the crappy multi-family building and outcropping buildings is also for sale... (http://search.har.com/engine/3520-Beauchamp-St-Houston-TX-77009_HAR44378070.htm)

I wonder if they will develop that as well? I really wish someone would do something with those crappy apartments on the corner of beauchamp and Pecore, I've seen some pretty shady stuff go down in that parking lot and just outside of the building.

• 2 weeks later...

i see dirt work being done... haven't seen any significant concrete pour yet... I'll update when I see more work (I literally drive by this twice a day). A nice new two-sided wooden fence has been installed to separate this development from the Church Condo Loft things on Norma and their garage on Beauchamp. I really hope the development continues to the other side of that garage and eventually take out the crappy apartments on Beauchamp/Pecore.

TXDot is not expanding 45 between Cavalcade and I10, so that isn't a concern. All widening will take place north of Cavalcade and what happens there will be mostly to do with the exchage where 45/610/Hardy meet. That thing is going to be the biggest spaghetti monster in town when it's done!

Not yet at least, but even when they expand 45 near this development, there's just no way the highway will even touch this. Most of the proposals I've seen for 45 here either have a tunnel portion or they have the fiders "hang" over the freeway like in Dallas on Highway 75.

I wouldnt be holding your breath looking for anything good coming to this location. I looked at their website and basically everything they had was just generic crap suburbia styled homes.

Or, you could have just driven by the parcel and figured out what they are doing.

There is a common drive poured through the middle of the lot exiting on Norma. There are six sewer hookups coming out of the ground, three on each side of the driveway apron. This will be six single family homes, placed townhome style.

Though the term "patio home" is a marketing creation, in Houston it is generally used to describe single story dwellings with at least one attached wall. I haven't seen what these homes will look like. I am making assumptions on the pavement that has been poured and the placement of sewer connections. However, I suspect that these homes will be two story or more. Who knows whether they will share walls.

A friend signed up for the mailing list and she got a reply that said there would be 12 homes.

Here is a photo from another development they are building, this ISN'T this one, but I'm guessing this will be pretty similar to what we'll get.

post-1450-0-08269400-1357270695_thumb.jp

A friend signed up for the mailing list and she got a reply that said there would be 12 homes.

Here is a photo from another development they are building, this ISN'T this one, but I'm guessing this will be pretty similar to what we'll get.

Ugh. I hate those. Not in a "because they're townhomes/patiohomes/whateverwhocares homes" kind of way. I just think they are cheap looking and ugly. There are much better looking townhomes, including ones built by this same company, all over the Heights. These, to me, are a design fail.

Archived