Dolcefino Resigns

Porchman

KTRK just announced Wayne Dolcefino has resigned after 27 years with the station. It's been a while since he has posted a report. Anybody know what's going on?

The timing is interesting considering the indictment of Trevino who he investigated.

• 1 month later...

You have no sympathy for someone losing their job for exposing corruption?

He's been butting heads with Disney for a long time, he pushed his limits and got what he deserved. I know Victor Trevino and I know what's going on, he will be vindicated when this is all said and done, it's nothing more than racism and a political witch hunt.

Trevino was indicted. Do you prefer that our elected criminals be allowed to commit their crimes in peace, without harrassment from reporters? The indictments vindicated Dolcefino.

Funny. Trevino is not a bad guy I've known him for 20 years. The only thing he may be guilty of is bad bookkeeping but he's not a criminal. This is just a way for certain people in power to keep the uppity Mexican Democrat in his place.

I'll also post my editorial comment that I do not know Trevino, and make no assumptions on his guilt.

Thanks for your neutrality. Victor got a good attorney, I wish him the best of luck. It's not going to be easy though he has some powerful people that want him out of his post. They couldn't do it by election so this is the next best way I guess. We will see what happens, at this point it's a power struggle and hopefully justice is fair and sorts it all out in a proper manner.

• 1 month later...

He's been butting heads with Disney for a long time, he pushed his limits and got what he deserved. I know Victor Trevino and I know what's going on, he will be vindicated when this is all said and done, it's nothing more than racism and a political witch hunt.

Racism my ass. Trevino's been dirty a long time, at least as far back as when I was a reporter.

Dolcefino could be abrasive but he was a pretty solid reporter. The pols hate him. I remember when he got nabbed for DUI I was interviewing some county officials up in Humble. They were overjoyed by the news.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Longtime-East-End-lawman-pleads-guilty-resigns-5867625.php

He pleaded guilty because the jury had ten white people and if he lost the trial his fate would've been even worse. He should've taken the misdemeanor deal that he was offered earlier. He had bad bookkeeping and it was a racially motivated case.

Archived