• 1 month later...

The entire vertical lighting from the ground to top floor is indeed a lighter blue. The only white lighting is the 2 1/2 story box on top. Very well done.  

In fact, many of the new buildings being completed have added lighting features. The new BHP Billiton has a larger 3 story open top similar to 3737 that lights up at night and the 40-story 2929 Weslayan apartment building not too far away from this one has been testing a dramatic ground-to-top floor LED scheme on both sides of the building which highlights the center portion of the curved balconies.  It's so bright that I can't imagine they would have it lit up year round, but I anticipate it being lit up during the holiday season.

Edited by 'Stonian
  • Like 1

The entire vertical lighting from the ground to top floor is indeed a lighter blue. The only white lighting is the 2 1/2 story box on top. Very well done.

In fact, many of the new buildings being completed have added lighting features. The new BHP Billiton has a larger 3 story open top similar to 3737 that lights up at night and the 40-story 2929 Weslayan apartment building not too far away from this one has been testing a dramatic ground-to-top floor LED scheme on both sides of the building which highlights the center portion of the curved balconies. It's so bright that I can't imagine they would have it lit up year round, but I anticipate it being lit up during the holiday season.

Woah.. 2929 has ground to roof led lighting?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

3333 Richmond is on the demolition report for today

http://swamplot.com/daily-demolition-report-in-cavershambles/2015-12-22/

I still think this building looks unique, more so than the boxy one that will replace it :/

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember ever seeing a rendering of the hotel/apartments that will take the spot that this building currently sits on.

• Like 2

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember ever seeing a rendering of the hotel/apartments that will take the spot that this building currently sits on.

This is what swamplot had in their "Previously on Swamplot"

http://swamplot.com/plans-for-richmond-and-buffalo-speedway-corner-include-hotel-apartments-restaurants-demolition/2012-11-29/

richmond-buffalo-rendering-nw.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know how leasing is going with this one?

Solvay Chemicals Inc. moved into the newly completed 3737 Buffalo Speedway office building, which delivered in November. Roughly 42 percent of the building's 385,000 square feet is leased, according to the report. HBJ took a tour of Solvay's new digs, which have all the makings of the latest wave in office design, including sound-masking architecture, glass walls, a game console in the kitchen and creative yet historic murals.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2016/01/08/see-which-houston-office-buildings-wrapped-up.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...