• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/06/greenway-plaza-area-tower-underway-is-leasing-up.html

3737 Buffalo Speedway will be the new home of Houston-based 
Solvay Chemicals Inc. once the building is finished. The company's current headquarters, next door at 3333 Richmond Ave., will be demolished after the company moves to the new building, and will become the site of a boutique hotel, said Wade Bowlin, executive vice president of PM Realty Group, which is developing and marketing the project.

The hotel brand has not yet been selected, but once complete, the hotel will connect to the office building with a garden terrace that will be exclusive to office tenants and hotel guests.

• Like 3

The plan is to demolished 3333 Richmond Ave. and build a boutique hotel:

3737 Buffalo Speedway will be the new home of Houston-based Solvay Chemicals Inc. once the building is finished. The company's current headquarters, next door at 3333 Richmond Ave., will be demolished after the company moves to the new building, and will become the site of a boutique hotel, said Wade Bowlin, executive vice president of PM Realty Group, which is developing and marketing the project.

The hotel brand has not yet been selected, but once complete, the hotel will connect to the office building with a garden terrace that will be exclusive to office tenants and hotel guests.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/06/greenway-plaza-area-tower-underway-is-leasing-up.html#g3

Existing building: 

cdc3789547e8458098c81acddf06c2f7.jpg

It may not be identical but very similar. I believe it's apart of 4 Oaks Place, and directly west of the new BHP building that's going up.

Thanks. It always kind of bothers me to see building demolished that seem perfectly fine for just another building. Granted, it will probably be an upgrade, but I'd rather have seen the boutique hotel replace some sort of parking lot.

Oh well. I've always been fond of that building when I was a kid.

• Like 1

Don't you dare step on Urbannizer's toes.

Haha... I just was wondering where the topic went to. :) I follow HAIF on Feedly and when I clicked on that thread's link, it said "You have reached this page in error." 

Yeah, the smaller tower of the 4 at Four Oaks Place does look quite similar to the building Solvay occupies.  I have also enjoyed looking at the latter, I wonder it was also designed by Pelli & Associates.  The one by BHP is not pink, however, you are thinking about the 2 condo towers just west of there, also designed by Pelli.   I remember reading, about when they were going up, that the pink/ruddy color was chosen to reflect the colors of the great southwest -- as if Houston was in Arizona :-)