Sign in to follow this  
wxman

SWN Energy HQ: 10-Story Building Announced

Looks like the Exxon-Mobile campus has sparked more development; this time a 10-story building for Southwestern Energy. Per the article, the building is to be located at the corner of I-45 and the Hardy (which is probably just a generic location for SWV itself).

http://www.bizjourna...ds-village.html

Edited by wxman

it's going to be two interconnected 10 story buildings - apparently EM has height restrictions so SWN had to modify their initial plans.

EDIT: just saw houstontx's post... exactly that. really like that last rendering. talk about freeway presence!

Edited by swtsig

I'm usually not too interested in things outside the loop, just because it is not where I live, but this building looks pretty sweet.

Wow looks like a pretty impressive design, the rendering looks a lot better then the other square/rectangular office boxes going up around town.

I wish they could have took the other half and doubled its height

apparently EM has height restrictions so SWN had to modify their initial plans.

• Like 1

Looks like the Exxon-Mobile campus has sparked more development; this time a 10-story building for Southwestern Energy. Per the article, the building is to be located at the corner of I-45 and the Hardy (which is probably just a generic location for SWV itself).

http://www.bizjourna...ds-village.html

This building looks great, even though 10 story buildings aren't typically well received on this site since they're "short".

...and by the way -- can we learn to spell "ExxonMobil"?  I understand you're an Aggie and that's probably asking a lot, though...    :P

it's going to be two interconnected 10 story buildings - apparently EM has height restrictions so SWN had to modify their initial plans.

EDIT: just saw houstontx's post... exactly that. really like that last rendering. talk about freeway presence!

Their original announced plan was for a 10 story building...

This may not be tall but this is going to be a very iconic building on the north freeway as you enter The Woodlands. It's going to be huge....like laying the Anadarko Tower on it's side type big.

• Like 3

From the looks of those renderings, the building will be parallel to the freeway. Can't wait to see the finished project. Soon, you won't be able to tell where Houston ends and The Woodlands beings. Crazy amount of building going on up that way.

future expansions possible

I wouldn't be surprised if it was future expansions planned. In the 2nd picture you posted where you can see the aerial view of the property, the parking garage goes way back while their office building is pushed up against I-45. Looks like the could put at least 1 more similiar size/height building without going past the garage they're planning.

Wow, nice update! This will be one of the best looking mid-rise buildings in town upon completion IMO..

• Like 1

Anybody have any picture updates on this building? I assume it should be rising by now. Thanks in advance!

Is it a mid-rise?  I was thinking this one qualifies as a high-rise due to the total building height?  I do think this is an interesting building.  But then Gensler designed it and its a bit like 2000 Avenue of the Stars in LA.

425_1r772_7751.jpg

Uhhh, I agree LTAWACS. Although I do think the city of Houston (or any city for that matter) starts counting highrises at 10 stories. However, I would argue 10 stories is definitely a MIDrise. 

I disagree. It seems more of a midrise. Hardly a "highrise".

But you're essentially clueless, sooooo.....

• Like 1

Let's not get into this again. Per the International Building Code (as of 2009)...

202 Definitions: This change provides a definition for “high rise building”. It’s defined as “A building with an occupied floor located more than 75 feet above the lowest level of fire department vehicle access.” 

While we don't have an official height (that I know of), 10 stories will clearly place it above 75 feet. Maybe one reason buildings like this and the one in the picture a few posts up seem more like midrises is that they are much wider than they are tall.

• Like 2

Let's not get into this again. Per the International Building Code (as of 2009)...

202 Definitions: This change provides a definition for “high rise building”. It’s defined as “A building with an occupied floor located more than 75 feet above the lowest level of fire department vehicle access.

Damn you and your "facts"!

• Like 1

202 Definitions: This change provides a definition for “high rise building”. It’s defined as “A building with an occupied floor located more than 75 feet above the lowest level of fire department vehicle access.

Ah... I didn't know that. Cool.

Coming right along. Can't wait to see the finished product. One of the sexiest buildings under construction in all of Houston IMO.

• Like 1

Waxman you're kidding right? It's basically 2 squat boxes in the woods.

• Like 1

Clearly you need a refreshed memory lol. You don't think this building is sexy at all??? It's definitely one of the most interesting buildings in Houston..

9066596241_0ec96e7964_b.jpg

• Like 1

can you please.... pretty please.... just shut up and go away. forever.

no one wants to hear your inane, juvenile commentary.

• Like 2

Clearly you need a refreshed memory lol. You don't think this building is sexy at all??? It's definitely one of the most interesting buildings in Houston..

Hrmm.. maybe I do. I admit the sunset colors make it look nice...

• Like 1

Just now realizing it has the 99 on-ramp in the foreground. Nice!

so that is the Grand Parkway thats coming through just south of this site.. i was wondering when we drove by on the way to Dallas.

it looks like the left tower is up to floor 9 (possibly 10, i cant tell if there is another floor hidden behind the grass and bushes..)
52BEE08F-D64B-4118-AB4D-79F1BF99ECA0_zps

25FB7B52-1565-4832-B7C6-2A2D764AE45F_zps

• Like 4

i know its only been a week since the last update, but the south tower has now topped out and the cladding is progressing to the second floor (i didnt even notice that was cladding in Tritons first picture)..

DSCF1703_zps6d715577.jpg

DSCF1783_zps5a4bf9b7.jpg

DSCF1785_zps0ccf45ce.jpg

DSCF1786_zpsb4b5510b.jpg

• Like 4

Anyone live on the north side that can update this one? I'd imagine the north tower is topped out by now and cladding has progressed a bit on the south tower.. Can't wait for the skybridge to go in..

Anyone live on the north side that can update this one? I'd imagine the north tower is topped out by now and cladding has progressed a bit on the south tower.. Can't wait for the skybridge to go in..

From Friday at noon

475ECF5A-FF01-427E-BF57-6F45D820ABF9_zps

• Like 7