Southwestern Energy Company Headquarters At 10000 Energy Dr.

wxman

• 5 months later...

it's going to be two interconnected 10 story buildings - apparently EM has height restrictions so SWN had to modify their initial plans.

EDIT: just saw houstontx's post... exactly that. really like that last rendering. talk about freeway presence!

Edited by swtsig

Looks like the Exxon-Mobile campus has sparked more development; this time a 10-story building for Southwestern Energy. Per the article, the building is to be located at the corner of I-45 and the Hardy (which is probably just a generic location for SWV itself).

http://www.bizjourna...ds-village.html

This building looks great, even though 10 story buildings aren't typically well received on this site since they're "short".

...and by the way -- can we learn to spell "ExxonMobil"?  I understand you're an Aggie and that's probably asking a lot, though...    :P

it's going to be two interconnected 10 story buildings - apparently EM has height restrictions so SWN had to modify their initial plans.

EDIT: just saw houstontx's post... exactly that. really like that last rendering. talk about freeway presence!

Their original announced plan was for a 10 story building...

• 1 month later...

From the looks of those renderings, the building will be parallel to the freeway. Can't wait to see the finished project. Soon, you won't be able to tell where Houston ends and The Woodlands beings. Crazy amount of building going on up that way.

• Like 1

future expansions possible

I wouldn't be surprised if it was future expansions planned. In the 2nd picture you posted where you can see the aerial view of the property, the parking garage goes way back while their office building is pushed up against I-45. Looks like the could put at least 1 more similiar size/height building without going past the garage they're planning.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Let's not get into this again. Per the International Building Code (as of 2009)...

202 Definitions: This change provides a definition for “high rise building”. It’s defined as “A building with an occupied floor located more than 75 feet above the lowest level of fire department vehicle access.” 

• Like 1