Skyhouse Houston II: Multifamily At 1044 Jefferson St.

lockmat

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I was going to get a better angle from my office window of the site (I would have to slip into my bosses office to get a good picture).I drove by earlier this week, however, and it looks like they have been tearing up the surface lot.

• Like 1

Expect this one to go up extremely fast! I wouldn't surprise me to see it topped out by Thanksgiving and open around March 2014.  I live directly across the street from the second Skyhouse building going up in Atlanta and I'm amazed they're on the 9th floor already after just starting in February.

After spending the 1st month setting up the crane and setting columns in the ground, that's 9 floors in 2 months or about 1 floor/week.

• Like 1

Some additional restaurant retail would do well in this area.  Near the rail stations, two large apartment buildings and the very busy Co-Cathedral community, some good fast casual dining should have a steady stream of business here.  Not to mention the flood of people going to Toyota Center for events.  I hope Sky House is thinking along the same lines with the retail element. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to post pics later tonight but it only takes a small sliver out of my view and will eventually block my view of the Pavillions Tower, not a big deal since now I'll be able to look at other folks balconies.

You will prob see far more interesting things anyway..

• Like 1

Crane is up, and there's lots of extra sections- maybe for a second crane?

Probably height increases of the crane as the building goes up. Those cranes can assemble themselves. See video

I couldnt see the extra crane components on the webcam, but if there are several... that would be my guess as to their purpose. . 

• Like 1

Probably height increases of the crane as the building goes up. Those cranes can assemble themselves. See video

I couldnt see the extra crane components on the webcam, but if there are several... that would be my guess as to their purpose. . 

Your guess is correct.  The extra crane sections went in at about 5:00 this morning.

• Like 2

According to next week's planning commission agenda, Alliance (Broadstone) is replatting the neighboring Block 334--Main, Fannin, Leeland, Bell.

I heard a rumor that this block would be non-highrise apartments. Sounds like the rumor is accurate.

• Like 2