Skyhouse Houston II: Multifamily At 1044 Jefferson St.

lockmat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another surface parking lot bites the dust!

As of right now, they are busy removing all of the parking meters in the lot. There's no way they'd close a cash cow lot down unless this thing if for realZ.

Hopefully this thing is successful and will spur further apartment development in downtown. I'm surprised it has taken this long given the success of the Humble Tower and One Park Place (build new and the people will come)

• Like 2

I wonder if the high visibility of this one and one park place from the freeway are good for changing the perception of downtown of people driving by?

If they were buried between the business skyscrapers i wonder if they would make less of an impact on people's ideas. Maybe not

Good project 

skyhouse-atlanta-200.jpg

SkyHouse%20web%20edit*304.jpg?v=1

Looks like the tower only takes up a portion of the lot. maybe 1/2 to 1/4 with the rest being parking garage.

The first one is a photograph of SkyHouse Midtown in Atlanta, and I believe the second in a rendering for the same structure. The firm building this one say they haven't released a rendering for it yet, although it will probably be very similar to this one.

Edited by Golyadkin
  • Like 1

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/downtown-residential-high-rise-gears-up/

Simpson Housing, Novare Group, Batson-Cook Development, and Pete Dienna are ready to go on SkyHouse Houston (no relation to SkyMall), a 336-unit multifamily tower in the CBD. At $70M, it'll be the first project to take advantage of the City's Downtown residential tax abatement incentive, and the first Downtown high-rise on the light rail.

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 1

I'm hoping the hbj print edition is not the true rendering. Check out this awful parking garage.

I agree. It's like a whole other building just wasting space...and not exactly density/pedestrian friendly or pleasing to look at, either.

So many parking garages in Houston are built away from their respective buildings, and Houston also might have the largest parking-garage-size-to-building-size ratio in the world. Some of our parking garages are almost the same size as their respective buildings. *Maybe* the "energy capital of the world" needs to upgrade its transportation system.