Skyhouse Houston II: Multifamily At 1044 Jefferson St.

lockmat

If I did not own my house.  I would considerate it.  The light rail can take you to most museums, Reliant stadium, and the north side for great restaurants to eat.  I saw their website where they have a outdoor kitchen and pool.  Looks fine to me, people I know that moved here laugh at or rent here!  We say that is expensive but they moved from NY and SFO, LAX and it is cheap here.  They also got very good jobs.  Come on down!    

If I did not own my house I would consider it.  The light rail will take you the museums and Reliant Stadium.  To the north, east, and southeast great restaurants.  I saw their website with a outdoor kitchen and pool on the top.  Looks very fun.  I met people here from New York and they laugh that we think the rent is high.  Also look at West Ave. there is a lot going on there but no rail line.  Also 2929 Weslayen is building a 40 floor high rise and the views would be incredible.  You can walk to Highland Village to get you want.  Come on down! 

Hey folks.  Going to be moving from Chicago to Houston, my gf lives in Pasadena so she managed to convince me to move.

What does everyone think about SkyHouse?  I'm strongly considering getting a place.  I've been in talks with them and a 618 sq foot studio is starting at 1,460.  They're also offering the first month free so over 12 months, cost comes to about 1350 or so.  The idea of being right on the light rail is very appealing to me.

Anyone else considering living in this building?

I'd say go for it. Downtown Houston>Pasadena

I live on the light rail line, work out in deer park (near pasadena) and though I'm in midtown I use it probably once or twice a month. 

Edited by Purdueenginerd
  • Like 1

haha, learned something new today. yeah that retail space is pretty small.. i believe the ceiling is as tall as the space is deep. but as far as i know (or assume), Novare hasnt had any problems leasing out that retail space in the other SkyHouses, or else they wouldnt continue designating that space for retail in the new ones..

I am not sure of the name but in Pennzoil Place at the corner of Milam and Capitol there is a tiny cafe that always seems packed. I almost want to go check it out because of how full it seems which is probably due to its size. With that said I think the retail size isn’t bad and if small it may get full easier which will mean more retail will need to open….

In the GreenStreet Redevelopment thread Tumbleweed_Tx posted a photo of a Preview Center.

http://greenstreetdowntown.com/directory/skyhouse-houston

12576869515_580bff8143_c.jpg

They also had one (pictured here) in Austin that opened about 3 to 4 months prior to move-in.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11015374.htm

Just down the street at 78 Rainey Street, the Preview Leasing Center for SkyHouse® has now opened, as apartment leasing gets underway in anticipation of late November move-ins.

Simpson Southern Region Senior Vice President, Ginney Harvey, expressed her enthusiasm for welcoming prospective residents, saying, “Our Preview Center will allow future residents to explore our floor plans and experience for themselves the authenticity and vibrant community that will be an integral part of life at SkyHouse®.”

Any thoughts, is this aggressive or know of any other for lease properties with off-site preview centers?

In the GreenStreet Redevelopment thread Tumbleweed_Tx posted a photo of a Preview Center.

http://greenstreetdowntown.com/directory/skyhouse-houston

12576869515_580bff8143_c.jpg

They also had one (pictured here) in Austin that opened about 3 to 4 months prior to move-in.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11015374.htm

Any thoughts, is this aggressive or know of any other for lease properties with off-site preview centers?

I had only seen this in condos before

It almost sounds like the city may want to build a park on the vacant lot that the Savoy sits near:

The board of the Downtown Redevelopment Authority, which administers the area's Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone funds, voted Tuesday to authorize negotiations with the owner for an economic development and streetscape re-imbursement agreement.

In the negotiations, the authority will see if the owner, HDT Hotel, would consider selling it a small piece of vacant land next to the hotel for the public to use, said Bob Eury, the authority's executive director.

"We'd like to have more public space, especially with more residents coming into downtown," he said.

More to come!

Indeed, several new projects are underway in this once-quiet section of the city's core.

A high-rise residential tower called SkyHouse is nearing construction across Main from the Savoy site. Just north of that, a developer is clearing a block for an expected five-story residential building. More projects are planned.

Source: Link

If someone can put another building on the same lot as the savoy that'd be awesome! No more one building per lot!

I agree again with you - But, it sounds like the city is

A) trying to give Holiday Inn tax incentives for this building and

B) possibly buying the empty space for a pocket park.  

Ideal situation is the extra space on that lot goes to another development, and a park is made for a full block park somewhere close.

It almost sounds like the city may want to build a park on the vacant lot that the Savoy sits near:

the half a block, on the north side of the Savoy property? i had hoped the new southern downtown park would be at least a full block, possibly 2 blocks wide if it went south of the Toyota Center garage (so abandoning a street in between the two blocks to connect one large park wouldnt be such an issue, since the street dead ends just north at the garage anyways). to spur development around that desolate part of downtown. with all the residential around SkyHouse (the block to the north, the rumored block to the south, and Houston House), that location makes sense i guess. especially if they build another residential tower or two on the properties to the north and to the west of the Savoy/potential southern Park site. though i honestly always envisioned the park going on one of the blocks east or north east of the ExxonMobil building, with that underground open air plaza/court yard lined with retail that i once talked about that ties into the tunnel system, and then some residential towers around that on the available blocks surrounding it, tying into the park, and thus, the tunnel system.

man im on a roll rambling tonight..

either way im ecstatic that they are building a new park on the southern portion of downtown, and whatever location they choose, there will be multiple plots that become prime for development nearby. 

I dunno. Are you talking about this blocks on either side of Crawford?

That is kinda close to Disco green. Its four blocks away abs only one block away from root square park.

I think the calls for a park in southern downtown are for one closer to Travis.

Like this blocks on Travis and Bell north of Savoy, west of SkyHouse and that Alliance apt, east of Exxon

That area is kinda high on concrete, low on greenery.

• Like 1

yeah, that area is where i think they mean the southern downtown park will go. my "fantasy 2 block park" was more to spur development in the south/southeast/"parking lot district" portion of downtown but i agree the southwest portion could use a park. i just wish it was bigger than half a block. at least there are 2 empty blocks next to the park that could be developed into new highrises.

Lol, where is the parking district exactly? I always thought it was the eastern side in General. There have been so much development north of Dallas that half of them are gone. The western part of southern downtown has/had a lot too. In my mind I never thought of the SE part of downtown as the Parking district, but like I said I have no clue.

The entire south end needs some love though. I'm glad that we are seeing some lots go with skyhouse and the four other planned residential in the south east

• Like 1