Skyhouse Houston II: Multifamily At 1044 Jefferson St.

lockmat

It remains to be seen when the rash of new apartments lowers prices overall. So far it hasn't happened.

Most of the new apartments have not come online yet.

Parts of 2400 West Dallas, Hanover West Gray, Hanover Rice Village are the only ones that have really come online recently.

This summer is when the bulk of the new construction hits. 

Most of the new apartments have not come online yet.

Parts of 2400 West Dallas, Hanover West Gray, Hanover Rice Village are the only ones that have really come online recently.

This summer is when the bulk of the new construction hits. 

When I was shopping for apartments last summer and asked about all of the new construction, I was told it will make no dent in apartment rent rates as demand is so high all of the new projects will simply fill existing/future demand. If anything, prices will continue to rise.

• Like 1

When I was shopping for apartments last summer and asked about all of the new construction, I was told it will make no dent in apartment rent rates as demand is so high all of the new projects will simply fill existing/future demand. If anything, prices will continue to rise.

Told by who? Someone trying to rent you an apartment long term?

Then it *will* make a dent, because without the new apartments the future demand will make prices rise faster.

Told by who? Someone trying to rent you an apartment long term?

A person who works in commercial real estate, when we were talking about the new projects all around town and how they would affect the housing market

Then it *will* make a dent, because without the new apartments the future demand will make prices rise faster.

Well... yes, less of a dent than would exist if there were no new construction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have to look closely but you can see it from the northern part of Six Ward (Near Washington Ave and Houston Ave).

This photo was taken on my bike ride the other day... You'll have to look closely...

Edit: I should have zoomed in when I took the pic.  :P

PGh70fZ.jpg

Edited by Triton
  • Like 1