Skyhouse Houston II: Multifamily At 1044 Jefferson St.

lockmat

There's a structure I can't identify sitting in the "staging area" at the base of the tower. Any ideas if this is a form for the crown, or maybe a mold for the modular garage?

attachicon.gifSkyhouse mystery structure - Nov. 24.jpg

Those were the modular forms for the building.  They are taking them out now that the building is basically topped out.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

o9j2482.jpg?1

92Bb4fE.jpg?1

QukfOYo.jpg?1

It's hard to tell from this photo, but it looks like they are putting A/C units on the balconies? Why do I have a feeling that 5 to 10 years from now, that's going to cause a lot of some type of nasty runoff.. Maybe it's just me.

gebzkAC.jpg?1

• Like 6

A/c units on the balconies? I hope not. As for run off stains, look at the original skyhouse in Atlanta to see an aged version of our new tower.

Yea, I honestly can't tell at this point but if you look close enough, they definitely have installed something on every balcony. 

I walked by this area last night and it has a completely different feel.  Once this, plus Alliance, plus Holiday Inn is ready, we will have a nice walking avenue from downtown to Midtown.  It is not perfect, but it no longer feels like a no man's land.  Also, I think the renovation of Central Square Plaza will help boost security on the Midtown side.

All of the surface lots right along Main that are not being taken up by these developments have been resurfaced and the sidewalk maintains a wide walking path with lush landscaping.  Additionally, new train lines going in will make this place more accessible and more useful.  I'm really liking what is happening to this part of downtown.

Finally, Midtown along main street has lots of development coming with Q1 2014 starts or already under construction.  Heading north to south:

- Central Square Plaza (not directly on Main but close)

- 6 Story Alliance Apartments on former Fire Museum Site

- Park + Retail + 7 Story Camden Apartments on Superblock

- Renovation of 3001 Main Street (Crime Stoppers Location)

- Cafe Helene across from HCC Main Building and Next to 3001 Main

- The MATCH - Independent Arts Collaborative 

- Mid Main - Apartments + 30,000 sq ft retail

- Alliance Residential next to Continental Club

Main street is coming up.

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 2

Opens up for tenants in May 2014.

Prices for a 1 br run about 1600-2000 depending on square footage

This is the thing we will see who is willing to pay that price to live there. So far it looks like a lot though because midtown is booming and one park place has a lot of people living there too and they are all at least $1200 for a 1 bedroom.

Agree with Smelly on this. Anything built in the past five years to the west/southwest of downtown relatively close is at least $1300/month and no more free months rent at the start like 5 years ago. (I'm not counting studios in the corner next to the dumpster with no windows in this statement, because I'm sure someone will tell us they have a friend . . . .)

Well, I'm currently in the market, so it's been rather disheartening. I rented a brand new 2/2 in Camden Travis Street in 2010 for the same price as a 1/1 now.

The specials are starting to come back. 2900 West Dallas, the new Finger property by the Whole Foods is offering a free first months rent, but of course that is on a 940 sq ft apartment going for 2000 per month

Well, I'm currently in the market, so it's been rather disheartening. I rented a brand new 2/2 in Camden Travis Street in 2010 for the same price as a 1/1 now.

The specials are starting to come back. 2900 West Dallas, the new Finger property by the Whole Foods is offering a free first months rent, but of course that is on a 940 sq ft apartment going for 2000 per month

It remains to be seen when the rash of new apartments lowers prices overall. So far it hasn't happened.