Skyhouse Houston II: Multifamily At 1044 Jefferson St.

lockmat

I heard a rumor that this block would be non-highrise apartments. Sounds like the rumor is accurate.

So this is right next door to 1625, right?

If it is at least 7 stories that would be great. 8-10 would be even better. For south downtown to get this kind of attention is very nice.

• Like 3

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who works for a company that does project management, financing, owner representation, etc. for many residential and hotel properties around the country.  They said that they just signed contracts to assist with the SkyHouse as well as another 38 story residential building downtown.  I don't know if they meant the Interfin tower or if there is actually a plan for a tall residential building downtown.

Anyone in the know that can confirm/deny this?  Swtsig???

• Like 9

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who works for a company that does project management, financing, owner representation, etc. for many residential and hotel properties around the country. They said that they just signed contracts to assist with the SkyHouse as well as another 38 story residential building downtown. I don't know if they meant the Interfin tower or if there is actually a plan for a tall residential building downtown.

Anyone in the know that can confirm/deny this? Swtsig???

Hopefully it's a another tower. The interfin tower is suppose to be 40 stories & I wouldn't consider its location downtown.

Hopefully it's a another tower. The interfin tower is suppose to be 40 stories & I wouldn't consider its location downtown.

Correct but considering my friend, downtown could be an area with tall buildings.  They were specific with SkyHouse being downtown though so I'm thinking they meant actual downtown.  I also had the thought cross my mind that they could have meant they were taking over One Park Place but they confirmed that it was a building not yet built.  Couldn't get any more info out after that :(

• Like 1

Does anyone know how the building/garage will be set up on the lot? What direction the building/garage will face, etc? I didn't see any answers to my own questions with an earlier post.

I don't know that anyone has seen the renderings but I'm assuming the building will run parallel to Main street with the garage going on the south side of the lot.  This is based on the way they have the crane and drilling up to this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for all the likes and comments (the South Park was classic)! I got a few more shots from last night as well but this one was probably the best overview for the topic. This whole area is poised to go through a big change, hopefully for the better.

8952466480_8b6ef8e293_b.jpg

8952484240_12a1e16d1d_b.jpg

Edited by Andrew Broadfoot
  • Like 8

Exciting times for downtown!  brijonmang I really hope your friend's rumor mill pans out.  The next step for this area is to plan for some grocery stores.  EaDo is still in need of more options, so an easy solution would be to put it on either side of the I-69 trench.