Pearl 21Eleven: Multifamily At 2119 Westheimer Rd.

"The traffic's insane, it is everywhere in our city, and it's not going to get any better, and the city keeps approving things that are not going to get any better," Mays said.

I took this from the article, which is ironic, since the voters of Houston don't seem to give  a crap about mass transit options and the most obnoxious opponents like to call it a "toy train". Plus they have, on multiple occasions voted DOWN zoning and any attempt at city planning. Do people even follow the elections and what they are agreeing to?

The reality is that these trains move people and are specially effective in the densifying parts of the inner loop and Uptown.

Edited by shasta
  • Like 1

and the most obnoxious opponents like to call it a "toy train".

Last time I appeared for jury duty, that's the exact term the Big Bellied Sheriff used for it (regarding jurors' transportation options.)

and the most obnoxious opponents like to call it a "toy train".

Last time I appeared for jury duty, that's the exact term the Big Bellied Sheriff used for it (regarding jurors' transportation options.)

6vcnpk2ufpzhse3ir9zf.jpg

This is probably not at all what the apartments that Hines is replacing Cafe Adobe with will look like, says a company rep. No: Hines is “not yet ready” to share a current rendering or any details about the midrise it’s planning for the soon-to-be-former restaurant and parking lot across from St. Anne Catholic Church at Westheimer and South Shepard — except to say the building will contain 215 unitsbut no retail.

http://swamplot.com/hines-replacing-cafe-adobe-with-apartment-building-just-not-this-one/2013-04-23/#more-60372

Well ain't that a swift kick in the junk...it's like sweeps week for rendering disappointments in houston. Now we just need Hanover to refute their new village high rise renderings and we'll be thoroughly shat on.

Seriously though, I really liked this iteration. Unlike anything in houston I can think of. Let's see what Hines has in store...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"Pretty lame... and that giant grassy driveway (which can't be accurate) makes it seem like the building is out in the exurbs."

- that perspective is as if you were standing at St Anne's looking across their driveway and Westheimer.

You're right. That "giant grassy driveway" actually is accurate.

Gotta love the snowman reflection on the building!

• Like 2

Yes and here's more proof

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/four-ways-to-backfill-retail/

"Last week's mystery is solved: The "snowman" in the architect's rendering of Hines' multifamily project 21 Eleven is the reflection of St. Anne's steeple. Yes, the rendered reflection; that's one precise architect. 21 Eleven is officially in the dirt, and before you know it, we'll be able to see if they got the angle just right. Thanks to everyone who sent in their photo explanations!"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...