What?! So there is more than one samsung?

They are both part of the same conglomerate. This building in Houston is the headquarters of the Samsung company that does engineering for petrochem projects. They compete with Jacobs, Becthel, KBR, etc... nothing to do with cell phones.

Samsung is one of the biggest business in the world. If you go to South Korea you'll see Samsung brand apartment buildings, cars, plumbing fixtures, etc... 

There are a few companies in Korea that make just about everything over there. I once visited SK in Seoul to meet with them about a refinery project in Saudi Arabia. I noticed while I was there that even the toilets in the SK building were made by SK. One of the guys in a meeting I was in drove an SK motorcycle.

This building is the headquarters of Samsung Engineering America, not Samsung.

They are both part of the same conglomerate. This building in Houston is the headquarters of the Samsung company that does engineering for petrochem projects. They compete with Jacobs, Becthel, KBR, etc... nothing to do with cell phones.

Samsung is one of the biggest business in the world. If you go to South Korea you'll see Samsung brand apartment buildings, cars, plumbing fixtures, etc... 

There are a few companies in Korea that make just about everything over there. I once visited SK in Seoul to meet with them about a refinery project in Saudi Arabia. I noticed while I was there that even the toilets in the SK building were made by SK. One of the guys in a meeting I was in drove an SK motorcycle.

This building is the headquarters of Samsung Engineering America, not Samsung.

Ok but it still doesn't say "headquarters" anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love to see some updated pictures of the construction process! If anyone can get a chance to photograph it while whizzing by (please do it safely!), please do! Thank you in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey cloud713, thanks for the new pics! I drove by there the other evening (at sunset) coming back from my grandfather's funeral. I agree with you. It is not so impressive since it takes on the same design (footprint) of the One BriarLake Plaza Tower! You would think they would've designed something different so it would stand out a little better. And yes, I also agree about the Phillips 66 buildings, however Houston needs to begin planning designs of a more "futuristic" appeal, rather than the typical "box" structures being put up. Some day.....perhaps......

I've got to be honest.. Briar lake/westchase used to be my favorite suburban cluster of highrises but the samsung tower is pretty dull.. I'm hoping the Phillips 66 buildings look better than the renderings...

F952296B-5BCB-4AF0-9F8A-DCB45F8824B7_zps

F27004BC-6013-416B-A04A-BA12442E1B5B_zps

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Two BriarLake Plaza

Archived