Sign in to follow this  
TowerSpotter

New Samsung Tower to go up at Briar Lake (BW8)

I think you might have read it wrong. From the article:

"...will be constructed on a 1.5-acre site at the corner of W. Sam Houston Parkway and Briar Forest Drive."

That's about 2 miles south of I-10.

Edited by Golyadkin

the site is on the corner of BW8 and Briar Forest - not I-10... you know, right next to One Briar Lake (where Samsung is currently located).

so the article is wrong?

Did you read it? Just asking... Anyway, "Two BriarLake Plaza, the final phase of the complex, will be constructed on a 1.5-acre site at the corner of W. Sam Houston Parkway and Briar Forest Drive in the heart of the Westchase Management District.."

Ah come on folks.., enough already! BW8 and Briar Forest.., TowerSpotter is 2 miles off but I'm happy he spotted this one as I had not seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Maybe someone can simply remove the "(I-10)". Thanks TowerSpotter, nice find..., keep'em coming.

• Like 1

Did you read it? Just asking... Anyway, "Two BriarLake Plaza, the final phase of the complex, will be constructed on a 1.5-acre site at the corner of W. Sam Houston Parkway and Briar Forest Drive in the heart of the Westchase Management District.."

Yes but I misread swtsig's statement actually. I was the one saying it was Beltway 8 too

Edited by Triton

2013 / 2 / 23:  They are putting up a second crane (the base is perfectly behind the first one in the photo).  Also, can we please change the title of this thread?  This tower is along BW8, not 10.

Westchase_zps0fe3d2ab.png

So, this is a headquarter of Samsung USA?

Nope the headquarter in USA will be in San Jose, California.

just to clarify - this is Samsung Engineering Americas, competitor to Jacob's, Schlumberger, etc. Nothing to do with the retail or electronics arm of Samsung. 

So, this is a headquarter of Samsung USA?

This is Samsung Engineering America (not Samsung USA, the electronics/appliance company), and yes, it is the headquarters.

No, headquarters will be in San Jose.

No, the headquarters is not and will not be in San Jose.  Again, we are talking here about Samsung Engineering.  The US headquarters of Samsung Engineering is in Houston.   Samsung Engineering is an affiliate company of, but is not the same as, the Samsung Electronics and Samsung Semiconductor that have US headquarters in San Jose.

http://www.samsungengineering.com/eng/company/Network.jsp

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

Jgriff that is a "Technology Center" and Houston19514, that's because it's planned to be the US headquarters 

Here is a rendering of the Samsung Headquarters for San Jose, Cal.

FEWqE7o.jpg

Jgriff that is a "Technology Center" and Houston19514, that's because it's planned to be the US headquarters 

Here is a rendering of the Samsung Headquarters for San Jose, Cal.

FEWqE7o.jpg

Different company.  Different headquarters.

What?! So there is more than one samsung?

They are both part of the same conglomerate. This building in Houston is the headquarters of the Samsung company that does engineering for petrochem projects. They compete with Jacobs, Becthel, KBR, etc... nothing to do with cell phones.

Samsung is one of the biggest business in the world. If you go to South Korea you'll see Samsung brand apartment buildings, cars, plumbing fixtures, etc... 

There are a few companies in Korea that make just about everything over there. I once visited SK in Seoul to meet with them about a refinery project in Saudi Arabia. I noticed while I was there that even the toilets in the SK building were made by SK. One of the guys in a meeting I was in drove an SK motorcycle.

This building is the headquarters of Samsung Engineering America, not Samsung.

• Like 1

They are both part of the same conglomerate. This building in Houston is the headquarters of the Samsung company that does engineering for petrochem projects. They compete with Jacobs, Becthel, KBR, etc... nothing to do with cell phones.

Samsung is one of the biggest business in the world. If you go to South Korea you'll see Samsung brand apartment buildings, cars, plumbing fixtures, etc... 

There are a few companies in Korea that make just about everything over there. I once visited SK in Seoul to meet with them about a refinery project in Saudi Arabia. I noticed while I was there that even the toilets in the SK building were made by SK. One of the guys in a meeting I was in drove an SK motorcycle.

This building is the headquarters of Samsung Engineering America, not Samsung.

Ok but it still doesn't say "headquarters" anywhere.

See the link in post #34.

Wow ok, I wish they would emphasized that in the title, not trying to blame anyone. Thanks Houston19514.

The pictures or the tower? Lol. I snapped them while sitting in traffic but the second one is admittedly pretty poor.

For the record I've always liked this little business park.

Before I read your comment I was going to say the same thing. Lol

Me too. This whole "energy corridor" gimmick is turning into a veritable yawnfest. Boxes for miles around.

Ugh.