Alamo Drafthouse Midtown Theater At 2907 Louisiana St.

DrLan34

• 2 weeks later...

"The existing building is to be restored and remodeled for retail uses on the ground floor and offices above. A green roof is being added. A new parking garage will be constructed on the eastern half of the block with a movie theater on the top floor. The garage will provide parking for the existing building as well as for the movie theater, which will operate only at nights and on weekends."

This is part of "the Mix @ Midtown" by Crosspoint

I am impressed. Baller.

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 1

Trinity Episcopal Church of Houston began as a "cottage mission," or "branch Sunday school," of Christ ... building. It was a small wooden chapel, located in the Fairgrounds Addition, on Louisiana Street, between Tuam and Drew streets. Later ...

I was surprised (waiting at the Ensemble/HCC rail stop) that the area directly in front of the station is changed so much from just a year ago. late on a Saturday morning it was damn near bustling with activity.

I think it's the 1st Thursday of each month that the streets and businesses come alive in that area, with live music, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it. How close is this to the other "Mix @ Midtown" building? By the way the other "Mix" building seems to be doing really well and it's cool that they are expanding that concept. In my opinion, MIx was built just the way new retail in Midtown should be built. The sidewalks are nice, the entrances are on the sidewalk, and the parking his hidden away. I have actually never used the garage. I either walk there or park on the streets nearby. Anyways, I hope to see more like that in the neighborhood.

Awesome. Did they mention a time frame when construction might start?

No they didn't but things usually move somewhat kick after a variance request right? I know there are always delays, but just sayin...

I'm trying to figure out what is existing and what is going to be built. Is the cropped image below the new structure?

newtuambuilding.jpg

Yes that's the new structure. Looks like they will be adding a "green roof" to the existing structure too.

Edited by DrLan34

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it. How close is this to the other "Mix @ Midtown" building? By the way the other "Mix" building seems to be doing really well and it's cool that they are expanding that concept. In my opinion, MIx was built just the way new retail in Midtown should be built. The sidewalks are nice, the entrances are on the sidewalk, and the parking his hidden away. I have actually never used the garage. I either walk there or park on the streets nearby. Anyways, I hope to see more like that in the neighborhood.

3 blocks

• 1 month later...

Houston, We Have Two New Alamos

http://drafthouse.com/blog/entry/houston_we_have_two_new_alamos

(HOUSTON, Texas, May 30, 2012) – Triple Tap Ventures LLC, owner and operator of the Houston area Alamo Drafthouse Cinema locations in West Oaks Mall and on Mason Road in Katy, Texas, is pleased to announce it will bring two new Alamo Drafthouse Cinema locations to Houston in 2013.

...The first new Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is slated to open in Northwest Houston in early 2013 and will be located in the Vintage Park Shopping Village off of Tomball Parkway 249 and Louetta Road.

...The second new Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, scheduled to open after Vintage Park, is a highly anticipated inner-loop location, which will be centrally accessible and located in Houston’s bustling Midtown area. Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Midtown will be located at 2901 Louisiana Street as part of a mixed-use project developed by Crosspoint Properties and, like Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Vintage Park, will offer state-of-the-art auditoriums featuring 100 percent digital projection and sound as well as an expansive and inviting lobby bar which will be visible from Milam Street and boast panoramic views of Houston’s impressive downtown skyline.

• Like 1

BAHHH hah I was literally just about to post this! This is what I found on Crosspoint's website as far as a rendering, but I am not sure if it is for the same spot. It just says Louisiana and Elgin, too lazy to see what that address is.

prop1_image.jpg

Edited by ChrisPHous

I think that's the building Piola's Pizza is in.

BAHHH hah I was literally just about to post this! This is what I found on Crosspoint's website as far as a rendering, but I am not sure if it is for the same spot. It just says Louisiana and Elgin, too lazy to see what that address is.

prop1_image.jpg

Yes, that picture is of "The Mix".

Will they be able to sell beer across the street from that Catholic Charities place. I can't remember the church/school proximity rules to booze servers/sellers.