Stalnaker/Golfcrest Home

NenaE

http://www.interowestave.com/homes/TX/HOUSTON/77087/2916_GOLFCREST_BL/13145327516/index.html

Well, it's a sad evening for me, our oldest, Houston family home has been removed. It sat across from TeleWink Grill. There is a story that my family donated the property access for a road to the new Golfcrest Country Club. Block books show the family name. I have inherited antiques from that house. It was huge. As a kid, I only saw the living room and kitchen. It was sold to a new owner many years ago. Dated to late 1800's. My aunt has photos of it. Old letters talk of the coming of the Interurban railway

http://books.tax.hctx.net/v058/AE1997_58_0220.jpg

Edited by NenaE

Between '73 and '75 or 6, one of my sisters lived in 2 different small apartment complexes on Golfcrest. She worked at Frito Lay at the time.

I was not too observant back then and I don't remember your family house but when she moved over to Wayside several years later, I do remember that she lived next to an old plantation style home on Wayside. Turns out it was the Simms place. The apartments are still there at 1010 S. Wayside and have recently been renovated.

• Like 1

I am sorry but looks like it was demolished. I tried to do a search of the "online permit" for demolitions but the city site would not come up. It normally is searchable for up to 3 years back.

Then I plugged the address of 2916 Golfcrest into Swamplot's search box and it popped up for December 14, 2010.

I'd love to see the old photo of it if you'd like to share.

• The title was changed to Stalnaker/Golfcrest Home