10 Waterway Ave: Office Building In The Woodlands

lockmat

it looks like the only possible retail space is at the waterway level, or at street level above facing the waterway.  the parking garage doesn't appear to have any retail space on woodloch forest or waterway avenue, like the parking garages do at 24 waterway, 1501 lake robbins, the marriott garage. is it possible that the land is too valuable or the need for office space too urgent to save space for retail?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, if that scaling is correct, that tall blue building is pushing 40 stories or more. Was this perhaps an old 'Shell' proposal? On a side note, it appears that there is a new anchor department store south of Dillards. It seems like I remember this being proposed years ago. Is that still in the works?

Edited by wxman

didn't have any... there is one possible user i am aware of who is supposedly kicking tires on a very large office in the woodlands and 45 stories would match the sq ft i've heard tossed around but beyond a couple sources echoing what i've heard i have no other info. they've had that large placeholder there since way before i heard this rumor though so i won't jump to connect to the two.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.kirksey.com/portfolio/projects/10-waterway

Kirksey was selected to design a 500,000 sf  Class A office building in the The Woodlands Town Center. Designed to meet LEED Silver Certification, the project boasts high quality lobby finishes and rich exterior construction. The office tower will feature two base levels of retail and restaurant space along the south side of The Waterway and an attached 1,500+ car parking garage partially under the office tower. At the request of the client, the tower is designed to both respect and relate to the context of the surrounding buildings. With a unique and distinctive design, the tower is intended to be a focal point for The Woodlands Town Center.

2d6ad97c-6f53-42af-8da7-c30423c597cb.jpg

544ab18a-7779-46b7-af3a-1b2988242b6c.jpg

e9eab652-564a-42a9-b648-d01b823eca1e.jpg

e7ff393e-e30c-4fea-b2d8-82ad094b0e79.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like 10 Waterway in The Woodlands is getting ready to break ground. Does anybody have a subscription to get the full article? I know there is a thread for this already but I couldn't find it. Please merge if there's an existing one.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/02/06/after-years-of-talks-new-woodlands-office-building.html

• Like 2

I saw a big model depicting the tower and surrounding buildings in an architects office last week and was wondering if the project was moving forward. I don't remember what the height was originally supposed to be, but it was a decent bit taller than everything around it. Could be the 3rd tallest building in The Woodlands?