It also is evident that they are leveling and prepping the ground towards the eastern extents of phase 1, roughly at Sydnor St.  

The big missing piece in Phase 1, which we haven't seen detail on, is at the corner of Jensen and Clinton, and along Clinton itself.  I expect that the face along Clinton will be lower density residential...but the big Jensen/Clinton corner plot, is a real high visibility spot.  Just wondering what is in the work here.  

3 minutes ago, Luminare said:

If they have a bunch of lumber out there then that could mean they are going to start form work soon. On what remains a question. We would need more visual aids.

Hey @brijonmang

Let's go flying.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 2/25/2020 at 1:49 PM, Naviguessor said:

It also is evident that they are leveling and prepping the ground towards the eastern extents of phase 1, roughly at Sydnor St.  

The big missing piece in Phase 1, which we haven't seen detail on, is at the corner of Jensen and Clinton, and along Clinton itself.  I expect that the face along Clinton will be lower density residential...but the big Jensen/Clinton corner plot, is a real high visibility spot.  Just wondering what is in the work here.  

Hey @brijonmang

Let's go flying.  

I actually was going to get some aerials here on Saturday after hitting the east end but I got to talking with a cop that was hanging out on site and lost the light.  Next time I'm down there!

• Like 5

The who? 

Serious question.   Who is this named after...if anyone at all? 

This trend got annoying the very moment that Fingers named their place on Dunlavy, The Susanne.  

I'm hoping that MIDWAY is backing this up by a historical reference to someone from this area of town.  That is the direction they were headed regarding the names of the streets in the development.  Just hoping. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

The who? 

Serious question.   Who is this named after...if anyone at all? 

This trend got annoying the very moment that Fingers named their place on Dunlavy, The Susanne.  

I'm hoping that MIDWAY is backing this up by a historical reference to someone from this area of town.  That is the direction they were headed regarding the names of the streets in the development.  Just hoping. 

Probably this steamship that does have a place in history, espcially close to this area: https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/etl01

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

When I think of this development, I hear the name “East River” sung to the rhythm of Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Green River.”

If a cover band doesn't play this song and change the lyrics on the grand opening, I personally will be disappointed.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, samagon said:

awesome. I need to start making that part of my route. have the paths been fixed since Harvey? last time I rode there there were some quite unsafe paths, the ground was washed out from under them.

Are you referring to the hike/bike trail along the bayou? No. That is still partially washed out. Shame too, it was one of my favorites.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, samagon said:

awesome. I need to start making that part of my route. have the paths been fixed since Harvey? last time I rode there there were some quite unsafe paths, the ground was washed out from under them.

The trail on the south side of the bayou is fine...

• Like 6