31 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Who publishes an entire brochure of a major development on Loopnet by accident? I'm a bit skeptical.

I think they underestimated people's ability to find documents like this without specifically having it labeled under East River. Probably part of their direct to retailers marketing materials but as indicated by their lack of updates on their website and social media, not quite intended for public consumption. They have been mostly silent since the bid for Amazon. Even when they added new renderings, it was simply added into the brochure without any announcement.  I'd imagine they wanted to wait until a few retailers were committed to share this. 

Every morning I drive past the lot and there are definitely construction workers moving dirt around. 

• Like 7

Just now, I'm Not a Robot said:

I think they underestimated people's ability to find documents like this without specifically having it labeled under East River. Probably part of their direct to retailers marketing materials but as indicated by their lack of updates on their website and social media, not quite intended for public consumption. They have been mostly silent since the bid for Amazon. Even when they added new renderings, it was simply added into the brochure without any announcement.  I'd imagine they wanted to wait until a few retailers were committed to share this. 

Every morning I drive past the lot and there are definitely construction workers moving dirt around. 

Thats exactly why I'm skepical of the prior post. Boots are on the ground and moving dirt. You aren't moving dirt unless the project is permitted, approved, and out the door. Do accidents happen? Sure. But this notion that nobody is ever competent in these positions, ever, is just wrong, dead wrong. The odds of it being that kind of accident are slim to none. Your line of reasoning is definitely more rational. That they probably wanted to lock down a few more tenants in areas before a grand promotion, but we also haven't had Midway deny the renderings either. Its more likely that this "word on the street" is just someone being a little pissy in a meeting with Midway. With dirt moving lets avoid this speculation telephone game and only let actual sources, that aren't anonymous, make that shift in conversation. That post was the equivalent to yelling fire in a crowded theater.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, I'm Not a Robot said:

Just to add to that, there were two large construction vehicles from Cherry Demolition that had remained on site—as late as this last weekend—from when the warehouses along Jensen were demolished a few months back. As of yesterday they had finally been removed.

I take that as another indication that they are close to actually breaking ground.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Thats exactly why I'm skepical of the prior post. Boots are on the ground and moving dirt. You aren't moving dirt unless the project is permitted, approved, and out the door. Do accidents happen? Sure. But this notion that nobody is ever competent in these positions, ever, is just wrong, dead wrong. The odds of it being that kind of accident are slim to none. Your line of reasoning is definitely more rational. That they probably wanted to lock down a few more tenants in areas before a grand promotion, but we also haven't had Midway deny the renderings either. Its more likely that this "word on the street" is just someone being a little pissy in a meeting with Midway. With dirt moving lets avoid this speculation telephone game and only let actual sources, that aren't anonymous, make that shift in conversation. That post was the equivalent to yelling fire in a crowded theater.

So, the neighboring community had a meeting with Midway last week and this is exactly what Midway told them. 

• Like 3

On 3/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Serious question because I don’t know, but if there are occasional gators in the bayous what’s stopping them from attacking a kayak or canoe?  Have there been incidents of this in Houston? 

I've kayaked near alligators many times. Most of the time they've ignored me, occasionally have swam away. I don't think they see a human in a boat as food, though maybe something big enough they don't want to mess with.

• Like 2

Actually Samagon, that is the KBR building that Midway controls and not the proposed development across Clinton that Crockpot was referencing.  Midway surprised Paul, the owner of The New Potato, by lighting up the building with “TNP” on St Patrick’s Day. It was an awesome gesture...but, not a paid advertisement.  It looks great! 

• Like 8

On 4/2/2019 at 4:04 PM, Reefmonkey said:

I've kayaked near alligators many times. Most of the time they've ignored me, occasionally have swam away. I don't think they see a human in a boat as food, though maybe something big enough they don't want to mess with.

it's mainly when you get near their babies, that's when mamma gator starts getting protective and will show abnormally aggressive behavior.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...