http://swamplot.com/last-kbr-warehouses-getting-out-of-east-rivers-way-with-the-help-of-teardown-crews/2018-10-17/

A COUPLE OF drive-by shots from Clinton Dr. show the state of demolition at the former Kellogg, Brown and Root campus, part of the effort to transform it into the new shopping, eating, working, and living complex that developer Midway has dubbed East River. Since beginning Friday, the teardown work has targeted the pair of warehouse buildings at the west end of the site, where their truck-docking holes front Jensen Dr. The 2 structures are the sole remnants of a much larger warehouse complex that once sat within the bounds of the 136-acre bayou-side site. Most of those industrial buildings were demolished between 2011 and 2012, leaving a swath of open space in the middle of the property — between the complex of office buildings that borders Hirsch Rd. to the east and the warehouses that now look to be goners.

In between those 2 bookends, a new black tarp has been added to portions of the construction fence along Clinton Dr., reports a reader. That’s where a multi-block colony of townhomes is planned; they’re shown in yellow on the map Midway put out over the summer:

More in link

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some activity observed on the west end of the site this week. Lots of stakes with colored flags placed, well east of the demo’d warehouse. And, today, and excavator and dozer were working where the warehouse was. It’s the first heavy equipment on the site since demolition. 

Waiting for Midway’s annual report to come out. Maybe there be some more info in that. 

• Like 2

I saw that. I believe the red flags are survey flags where the electricity will go. I believe the flags are where townhomes will go. I actually have land in the area. Ive heen waiting to see more activity in the area, and then i will build my properties there. 

I noticed this also. Im jot sure what it means.

20190104_095741.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/26/2019 at 9:55 PM, Eric.kelly said:

I saw that. I believe the red flags are survey flags where the electricity will go. I believe the flags are where townhomes will go. I actually have land in the area. Ive heen waiting to see more activity in the area, and then i will build my properties there. 

I noticed this also. Im jot sure what it means.

20190104_095741.jpg

That is just a construction stormwater permit. Means they have authorization to start disturbing soils and they have a plan in place to prevent sediment or contamination from discharging offsite during construction. The permit has to be in place from the initial point of land disturbance and ends when the have stabilized the area using grass or concrete etc. If you could see the reference SWPPP you would be able to see their construction timeline and what is included in this portion of the construction. Of course they could have a poorly written SWPPP that provides no details. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Eric.kelly said:

It looks like february 28  2019

Screenshot_20190129-184255_Gallery.jpg

Hell yeah here we go guys! With this along with Hanover in Montrose, Lower Heights District and Buffalo Heights, this is going to be a GREAT year for development in this city! Midtown is going to change drastically along with the Heights and TMC. This is amazing!

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 3

Ive been watching this area like a hawk. I check several times a week for you alls update. I really appreciate you guys input. I just though i i would add to the conversation. Alot of my information, i was assuming you guys already knew. Im just a rookie. Thanks for your input.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mr.Clean19 said:

In the rumor mill, Midway mentioned that one of the first things that they will build will be the proposed on-site museum.... Dont know what the museum will be about.

Not out of the realm of possibility. The Museum District has been wanting to establish an "East Campus" for awhile I think. Do we have a museum dedicated to industry or energy? I think with this being at the door step of the ship channel and the entire industrial/ energy sector it would be a great way to showcase that aspect of the city.

....really want to see renders of this master plan.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mr.Clean19 said:

In the rumor mill, Midway mentioned that one of the first things that they will build will be the proposed on-site museum.... Dont know what the museum will be about.

I think it will be the Maritime Museum. They just opened a temporary location on Canal. The director's message alludes to this as well. 

https://houstonmaritime.org/about/director-s-message

Based on the larger scope of the project and its importance to the city and beyond, we are pursuing a new and more central location just east of downtown Houston along the banks of Buffalo Bayou. The museum will be a part of a large mixed-use development and easily accessible from all directions.

Edited by I'm Not a Robot
  • Like 9

"A $45 million Capital Campaign will kickoff this fall with our ground breaking planned for mid 2018 and completion scheduled for end of 2019. For updates on our exciting new voyage, please visit BuildHMM.com."

They may be running a bit behind schedule. 

On 6/4/2018 at 5:11 PM, lockmat said:

https://edrc.houstontx.gov/edrc/login.aspx

Click on Current Agenda

A-g2p9_izsiZcaLOToEkv99ZOxnJUyBM2fWtHI5_T_5hbfWeSZZJ9SLvVmO0_Qd7d1w1eVhZIlW3v3n8Mnogy4eMQTkGaRXspdrREPfO-fYN7WMYfmvGzc1MYfMMjlKjLCNnxaGmqfKZB-W_yVjCaEC-Da0Kbjc-TeyMMT5n1bYqhQfgbsfJJ9vEpvGAswmMwkO4Hz15hRn2q2zWTVw9wSnZa8WgllKCsmJ_s9a4x5SlvWGKRETsh_leR1oPHO31kSJYUzK3LiTtdC12kEVO5bNq0weQwbOqtUZREjhA2YuLWiwBVdug1kSnksPt9t4iIIGX2bwhsy0DymmkqobTFvkYnJ3IQjZbanB19Xy7hW7cRTwM3Ewh44VMXd_fQM2Wv1lbwrg-1xpoDvXUrTM6t7oa2I0QLNL-q3dzuo9i89ZEXQCCQ0-f6nEHquNq2j80koKnu3gKSZl7cmUIqclOMaItqv1VMQn8AN_ZhTjHltCd-AARpsfmtGZ6WGYlyLKd4VH5KYFlKs5xP7ynsMXO03QJmLnZP5jIChcVe5QhoAZ3FWPFy1K2D7ldBD1uzU9mPBIlvJZAQxDEAvdJHwNkPMjUCdnpjl7v82sHVrX6=w960-h600-no

Street names:

Zydeco Drive

Port View Ave

George Brown St.

Herman Brown St.

Third Coast Ave.

S. Battery St.

N. Battery St.

Dan Root Blvd

Barbara Jordan Ave

Bringhurst St.

Kermac Blvd.

Bayou City Dr.

Hike and Bike trail runs along Hirsch

If section labels are an indication of phases, they run from west to east.

Under the current Chapter 42 standards, we could hypothetically provide only one north/south public street throughout the entire development and no east/west streets (what?! Ridonculous!). Alternatively, we have decided to incorporate several public streets, many aligning with connections to the north of the site, to create smaller and more walkable blocks.

This site will be able to be accessed easily both by future residents of the development and surrounding neighborhoods. It will also activate the bayou frontage. There will be several connections to the bayou waterfront for pedestrians and the developer is granting an easement to the Buffalo Bayou Partnership to continue the trail system everyone is so fond of on the west side of downtown.

Pedestrian bridges are being discussed with Buffalo Bayou Partnership to connect the two sides of the bayou.

The site layout for this development was designed with complete streets in mind. Pedestrians and bikes have received just as much attention as automobiles. There will be dedicated on-street bike lanes along Bayou City Drive, Gregg Street (in accordance with Houston Bike Plan), and Barbara Jordan Avenue. The rest of the development will have shared bike lanes, but the low speeds and traffic calming design measures undertaken will make it a safe development for all modes of transportation. The developer is committed to promoting a live/work lifestyle with East River.

There will be several parks throughout the development totaling approximately 19 acres. Some will be located adjacent to the trail being dedicated to the Buffalo Bayou Partnership and the rest will be mixed in with the myriad land-uses.

Did anyone save the layout from the above post. Also for the museum

"A $45 million Capital Campaign will kickoff this fall with our ground breaking planned for mid 2018 and completion scheduled for end of 2019. For updates on our exciting new voyage, please visit BuildHMM.com."

They may be running a bit behind schedule. 

• Like 3

On 1/26/2019 at 6:49 PM, Naviguessor said:

Some activity observed on the west end of the site this week. Lots of stakes with colored flags placed, well east of the demo’d warehouse. And, today, and excavator and dozer were working where the warehouse was. It’s the first heavy equipment on the site since demolition. 

Waiting for Midway’s annual report to come out. Maybe there be some more info in that. 

Yeah, today I noticed a lot of dirt being moved around in that area.

• Like 6

On 1/30/2019 at 10:19 AM, Naviguessor said:

That does seem to describe an East River location a little better than the Turning Basin location.   Intriguing Find, Robot. 

Smart move. They should have a much easier time getting visitors to come to their museum at Midways East River development, vs out at the ship channel turning basin.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...