The Sovereign At Regent Square: Multifamily At 3233 W. Dallas St.

Urbannizer

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea it has been too slow, seems like they gain 1 floor per month or something.

unfortunately i think your assessment is right. i drove by the site today and it looks like theyve only added one floor since the last update. they have started putting up siding though on the lower floors, does this mean cladding will start soon?

DSC06505_zps213fd8cd.jpg

haha, those reflections can be killer. 

i dont quite understand your post ricco. what was it referring to?

I agree they can be killer and I hope what happened to Ocean Towers in South Padre Island doesn't happen to The Sovereign. 

unfortunately i think your assessment is right. i drove by the site today and it looks like theyve only added one floor since the last update. they have started putting up siding though on the lower floors, does this mean cladding will start soon?

DSC06505_zps213fd8cd.jpg

The last update was only 1 week ago. 1floor per week is a good pace.

True.. I just checked and the amenity deck is indeed on floor 8. One more floor to go before the floor plate switch... Can't wait till you can see this from the highway. It'll help slowly bridge the gap between uptown and downtown, along with the other towers proposed/going up along that corridor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here we go - been on haif for about two years - things that happen everytime - not necessisarily in this order:

1. New project announced

2. Man I hope there's ground floor retail ( i.e. Church of Retailology)

3. Ahh underwhelming ( i.e. I don't like anything)

4. Looks good but ill believe it when I see it (i.e.?The Embassy Suites Defense)

5. Neon signs / power lines (i.e. agendas)

6. Wish this was downtown (i.e. CBD'ers)

7. Attack someone from the suburbs (i.e. The Fulshear effect)

8. The any updates - send pics guy (i.e. someone who moved away and lives in some boring city with nothing new being built)

9. Last ditch pointless efforts to convince us GFR is needed! (See #2)

10. Transit fight (i.e. buses are better than trains - University Line Dreaming / you know who you are and I know your positions better than a QB knows what his centers groin feels like)

I'm just drinking some bud light having a good time man - I'm not being TOO serious

Cheers!

Could be construction of regent square, Lockmat found something a while ago saying construction started.

thats what i was wondering.. i didnt notice it when we first drove by and took pictures, but i noticed it when we drove back that way down Allen Pkwy. i just realized how huge the regent square complex is (if built to the full $850 million plans).. i didnt realize it stretched across Dunlavy too. 

where is The Sovereign in this rendering? (im assuming the plans have changed some since 2009? if so does anyone have the new layout plan?) it seems like it should be on top of the square building in the upper middle with the pool on the roof and the white square with maroon outline, but its not shown. its throwing me off when thinking of the location of the other crane i saw today.. if thats where it is though then i think the other crane was in the location of the new tower.. too bad my buddy wasnt able to get a picture of it from Allen Parkway

regent-sq-overview.jpg

Archived