HEB At 2710 Pearland Pkwy.

Has anyone been following the goings on @ Pearland City Council regarding proposed HEB @ Pearland Pkwy & 518? HEB goes before council tonight for the umpteenth time. Why does HEB need to scrap the PD in place and get a general business zoning designation? The exsisting PD allows for a grocery store at that site. Plan and simple, if HEB wants to build a store at that site today they could go forward immediately with permitting process. It seems that HEB wants to circumvent the rules the city has in place so they can do things "their" way. Pearland Planning and Zoning sent this project to City Council with a unamious vote of 5-0 to turn down this zone change stating that - PNZ has spent time and $ creating the PD so developers & retailers who come to this location adhere to certain guidelines, architecture controls, green space, setbacks.... We are not voting against HEB - we simply want them to play by the rules that are currently in place to ensure this last major undeveloped corner in the City of Pearland is developed in a manner that will serve the city for generations rather than a grocer on the hard corner in the short term.-

So what happens if HEB buys the +/- 23 acres on the hard corner and does not build a store at that location. Or, if they buy the land and build a store in say 2, 5, 10 years down the road? The whole tract & the future increased ad valorem tax generation is at the mercy of HEB and their internal timeline - This is not in the best interest of the City of Pearland.

This issue seems to be lost on those who have not delved more than skin deep on this issue. No one is saying we do not want HEB. To the contrary most all interaction @ City Council starts with the disclaimer "This is not a vote against HEB.... and then an ensuing argument of why the PD is in place and why it should remain in place" In fact that is correct. No one is voting "against" HEB. They are voting for City Council to enforce the current regulations that are in place to protect the best interest of the citizens of Pearland.

I guess we will read about it tomorrow.

Having personally dealt with the city for an expansion of our business in Pearland, I can say that the city is quite difficult to deal with. The rules and regulations that they make everyone else abide by are ridiculous. I understand the rules are designed to make Pearland more beautiful, but if that were the case why do they exempt themselves from it? We added some space to our building and we also had to add about 60 trees and an outrageous amount of detention...the school district buys the old Walmart, renovates it, and then exempts itself from all of their own rules...the admin building across from the newer walmart is one of the ugliest buildings in Pearland....

Im not saying I disagree with anything council is doing, but Pearland has become very anti-business when it comes to development. They went from easy going, reasonable smart development, to a bureaucratic nightmare. Growing pains I guess, but still, anti-business is not tolerated for long by many.

Has anyone been following the goings on @ Pearland City Council regarding proposed HEB @ Pearland Pkwy & 518? HEB goes before council tonight for the umpteenth time. Why does HEB need to scrap the PD in place and get a general business zoning designation? The exsisting PD allows for a grocery store at that site. Plan and simple, if HEB wants to build a store at that site today they could go forward immediately with permitting process. It seems that HEB wants to circumvent the rules the city has in place so they can do things "their" way. Pearland Planning and Zoning sent this project to City Council with a unamious vote of 5-0 to turn down this zone change stating that - PNZ has spent time and $ creating the PD so developers & retailers who come to this location adhere to certain guidelines, architecture controls, green space, setbacks.... We are not voting against HEB - we simply want them to play by the rules that are currently in place to ensure this last major undeveloped corner in the City of Pearland is developed in a manner that will serve the city for generations rather than a grocer on the hard corner in the short term.-

So what happens if HEB buys the +/- 23 acres on the hard corner and does not build a store at that location. Or, if they buy the land and build a store in say 2, 5, 10 years down the road? The whole tract & the future increased ad valorem tax generation is at the mercy of HEB and their internal timeline - This is not in the best interest of the City of Pearland.

This issue seems to be lost on those who have not delved more than skin deep on this issue. No one is saying we do not want HEB. To the contrary most all interaction @ City Council starts with the disclaimer "This is not a vote against HEB.... and then an ensuing argument of why the PD is in place and why it should remain in place" In fact that is correct. No one is voting "against" HEB. They are voting for City Council to enforce the current regulations that are in place to protect the best interest of the citizens of Pearland.

Yes I have followed it. Close enough to see you are just repeating Ms. Sherrouse's rhetoric. Read Marksmu's reply. He is spot on. Pearland has a bad rep with developers, and this fiasco with HEB is a case in point. It's costing us tax revenue and jobs, and until citizens wake up and vote out the old-guard that still controls the city, things won't change.

Yes I have followed it. Close enough to see you are just repeating Ms. Sherrouse's rhetoric. Read Marksmu's reply. He is spot on. Pearland has a bad rep with developers, and this fiasco with HEB is a case in point. It's costing us tax revenue and jobs, and until citizens wake up and vote out the old-guard that still controls the city, things won't change.

TimnWendy - Not just repeating Ms. Sherrouse's rhetoric here. Drive up & down 518 and look at the smattering of mismatched, ugly, & empty strip centers. HEB is no dummy, they are trying to strong arm the city to reduce the quality of development they have to build plain & simple. That corner is a prime piece of real estate & that's why they want it. If HEB does not build there someone else will. The PD in place does not call for gold plated fixtures & 60% green space. It calls for any future development at that corner to above the usual development standards for GB. For example, go look at Woodlands, Cinco, Sugaraland, Katy... Do you think all the developments in that area just happen to be a cut above. No, they were forced to do so through the various governing entities. Having strict guidelines creates quality developments. Like having a quality HOA that maintains your neighborhood versus not having one thus allowing for cars parked in yard, couches on porch, trash on street for days ahead of pick up....

TimnWendy - Not just repeating Ms. Sherrouse's rhetoric here. Drive up & down 518 and look at the smattering of mismatched, ugly, & empty strip centers. HEB is no dummy, they are trying to strong arm the city to reduce the quality of development they have to build plain & simple. That corner is a prime piece of real estate & that's why they want it. If HEB does not build there someone else will. The PD in place does not call for gold plated fixtures & 60% green space. It calls for any future development at that corner to above the usual development standards for GB. For example, go look at Woodlands, Cinco, Sugaraland, Katy... Do you think all the developments in that area just happen to be a cut above. No, they were forced to do so through the various governing entities. Having strict guidelines creates quality developments. Like having a quality HOA that maintains your neighborhood versus not having one thus allowing for cars parked in yard, couches on porch, trash on street for days ahead of pick up....

Your answer brings up a couple of points:

1. I agree that 518 has a smattering of mismatched, ugly, and empty strip centers. Where was Ms. Sherrouse and the Planning & Zoning Commission when all that was put before them? Asleep at the wheel? Sayiing they are inconsistent is putting it mildly.

2. If that corner was pristeen with no other commerical businesses near it, i could see your point. But the Lowe's right across the street sorta destroys the ambiance of putting something higher class in there. Think about it.

3. HEB has been good for the west end of town, and it could be for that corner too. They also seem to care about the community, based on the recent article in the Pearland Journal.

Just as a gut reaction I would be for it -- but I'm also biased because I don't like the Blackhawk HEB all that much (and this one would be what - only 4-5 miles away?)..

If HEB continues to be thoughtful about their design despite minimum requirements it could be great (I'm thinking Buffalo Market and all the backpedaling/compromise for the proposed Wilshire Village site...who knows, it could happen!)..

That being written, I admit to being quite ignorant about Pearland politics and bureaucracy. Is there some information about this online somewhere?

Your answer brings up a couple of points:

1. I agree that 518 has a smattering of mismatched, ugly, and empty strip centers. Where was Ms. Sherrouse and the Planning & Zoning Commission when all that was put before them? Asleep at the wheel? Sayiing they are inconsistent is putting it mildly.

2. If that corner was pristeen with no other commerical businesses near it, i could see your point. But the Lowe's right across the street sorta destroys the ambiance of putting something higher class in there. Think about it.

3. HEB has been good for the west end of town, and it could be for that corner too. They also seem to care about the community, based on the recent article in the Pearland Journal.

Pearland has a good problem to have. As the 2nd fastest growing city in the state according last census, Pearland has undergone dynamic growth. As smaller towns experience phenominal growth there is always a steep learning curve. Mistakes are often made & lessons are learned along the way. As is the case with Pearland. Alot of the garbage up & down 518 was there before the population explosion. The city began a process to identify various corridors through out the city that would be suitable for high density development & place controls on them. The owners of "HEB Tract" obviously saw this more stringent regulation as a plus & requested the exsisting PD. The Lowe's on the other corner is an excellent neighbor & you should be glad to have a development of that quality. If it were not for PD in place on "HEB Tract" you might see a .99 cent store, dollar store.... What would you like to see there? There is not going to be any ultra premium development in Pearland - demographics won't suppport it. Yes, HEB on the west side has been good & they are fine corporate citizens as it has been pointed out by the media at least a dozen times. Again, no one is doubting that.... the argument is why should they be allowed to not follow exsisting development requirements that are in place to ensure quality developments. Tim you should be glad such requirements are in place. They have kept your values up throughout a treacherous economy.

Think about it like this. If the average person where to drive through your neighborhood on trash pickup day & see all the trashbags out on the street they would come away with a less than desireable image. It looks bad. Other communities with more stringent HOA's would not stand for this. It is mandated that all trash be placed at appropriate place & in a regaulation trash can. The community with uniform trash receptacle looks better than the one with out. It is cleaner, more sanitary, eye appealing & values will be higher. All of which will come at a higher cost for you through your HOA. Think of the PD as your neighborhood that has the trashcans on the street versus the (GB) neighborhood with trash bags on the street.

Pearland has a good problem to have. As the 2nd fastest growing city in the state according last census, Pearland has undergone dynamic growth. As smaller towns experience phenominal growth there is always a steep learning curve. Mistakes are often made & lessons are learned along the way. As is the case with Pearland. Alot of the garbage up & down 518 was there before the population explosion. The city began a process to identify various corridors through out the city that would be suitable for high density development & place controls on them. The owners of "HEB Tract" obviously saw this more stringent regulation as a plus & requested the exsisting PD. The Lowe's on the other corner is an excellent neighbor & you should be glad to have a development of that quality. If it were not for PD in place on "HEB Tract" you might see a .99 cent store, dollar store.... What would you like to see there? There is not going to be any ultra premium development in Pearland - demographics won't suppport it. Yes, HEB on the west side has been good & they are fine corporate citizens as it has been pointed out by the media at least a dozen times. Again, no one is doubting that.... the argument is why should they be allowed to not follow exsisting development requirements that are in place to ensure quality developments. Tim you should be glad such requirements are in place. They have kept your values up throughout a treacherous economy.

Think about it like this. If the average person where to drive through your neighborhood on trash pickup day & see all the trashbags out on the street they would come away with a less than desireable image. It looks bad. Other communities with more stringent HOA's would not stand for this. It is mandated that all trash be placed at appropriate place & in a regaulation trash can. The community with uniform trash receptacle looks better than the one with out. It is cleaner, more sanitary, eye appealing & values will be higher. All of which will come at a higher cost for you through your HOA. Think of the PD as your neighborhood that has the trashcans on the street versus the (GB) neighborhood with trash bags on the street.

You are giving me the stock political reasoning. I feel like I'm talking to Ms. Sherrouse herself. Fine. So you are calling that Lowe's a high-end development? Sorry, but I just don't see it. I do like Lowe's,but I don't see it being any different than a .99c store. They are both commerical pad sites.

There is commerical development on all other corners of that intersection, so putting an HEB in there is not going to hurt one bit.

Your analogy about the trash bins makes me wonder if you actually live in Pearland, because any Pearlander will tell you we are not allowed to use trash bins. Waste Management prohibits there use, per contract with the city.

Yes, I know the P&Z Commission serves a purpose but in my opinion they are woefully out of touch with the residents' wishes (you know polls show most Pearlanders want the HEB there, right?)

You are giving me the stock political reasoning. I feel like I'm talking to Ms. Sherrouse herself. Fine. So you are calling that Lowe's a high-end development? Sorry, but I just don't see it. I do like Lowe's,but I don't see it being any different than a .99c store. They are both commerical pad sites.

There is commerical development on all other corners of that intersection, so putting an HEB in there is not going to hurt one bit.

Your analogy about the trash bins makes me wonder if you actually live in Pearland, because any Pearlander will tell you we are not allowed to use trash bins. Waste Management prohibits there use, per contract with the city.

Yes, I know the P&Z Commission serves a purpose but in my opinion they are woefully out of touch with the residents' wishes (you know polls show most Pearlanders want the HEB there, right?)

I'm lost as to why you keep on refering to Sherrouse. Either way, you are missing the point. I know everyone wants HEB there. I like HEB too. It's about making them adhere to a higher quality development.

I'm lost as to why you keep on refering to Sherrouse. Either way, you are missing the point. I know everyone wants HEB there. I like HEB too. It's about making them adhere to a higher quality development.

I do see the point. But enforcing a PD just because that's the way it was zoned years ago for a different developer (who pulled out) simply doesn't make sense. It also doesn't make sense based on what is already built around that intersection.

A PD can be changed, but for some reason the folks on the commission and on city council are refusing to do it. They can't give any reason other than 'it should be adhered to'. Perhaps they are playing a game of bluff with HEB, but that is pretty arrogant and stupid. At least council members Sherman and Thompson get it..

All decisions like this do is enforce the perception that Pearland is a difficult place in which to create businesses. We don't need that. The businesses will simply go elsewhere, and we say goodbye to jobs and tax revenue.

They are not refusing to change PD as it has been pointed out

Several times by numerous council members. HEB will not even step

up to the plate consider abiding by the PD. They are saying we

don't like the rules - we want a whole zoning for us. Saboe and others

have said this over and over "HEB won't even consider doing this.

Don't be fooled by these strong arm tactics - this is the grocery

store business and this is how HEB has chosed to play it. Basically

HEB is saying it's our way or the Highway. Funny, to me it seems

Sherman and especially Thompson are the most uninformed. It's as

if he has no experience is dealing with such matters - maybe becuae

he does not. We shall see in a couple of weeks. Glad to see someone

else out there considering the issues -

It will be interesting to see what happens. Sherrouse replacing Saboe on the council will be the key. Will she flip on her previous position and vote to allow the PD change for the HEB? It seems unlikely, but who knows what is being discussed behind closed doors.

I have lived in Pearland since 1994. Population was around 26,000 when we got here. What I have marveled at for a long time is the fact that at some point Pearland City Hall decided that we are a "Planned Community". That makes my wife and I laugh every time we see the sign. There was nothing planned about Pearland for the longest time, it just sort of happened. Now as we grew I guess they tought they should try to plan some things, but while they were thinking about it all those wonderful little retail strip centers popped up along 518 riding the "SilverLake" wave. Heck there are businesses as far east as 35 and 518 advertising themselves as SilverLake. Now HEB wants to build and this whole mess pops up. Well I live on the far east side and for one would love the idea of going to a HEB and not having to drive to 288 or 528 in Friendswood to get to one. I also would like to leave my tax dollars in Pearland. However the City Council wants what they want in terms of what is built and how it is built. They want a say in the quality of the offering. Well remember this the mayor lives on the East Side as well as a couple other council members. Maybe they don't want to see their side of town trashed out. Who knows.

The problem I have is when the mayor as he did several weeks ago said that the landowners were asking to much and that if they were willing to take less money then the deal could get done. What a crock! The City decides to put or in this case keep certain zoning requirements in place that will cost HEB or whoever buys the land more money. In order to get the deal done, he essentially tells the landowners to reduce their price to pay for the requirements he wants. Meddle in private business you think? HE is essentially asking the landowners to subsidize beautification that the city wants. I say find out what it takes and recall the old dude. He does not need to tell private landowners what their land is or is not worth. The market does that and he is now officially on record because he and the other council members are playing with zoning to affect the value. I don't know but in my world they are treading on thin ice with this one.

And finally the last election offered no relief. Had Cole defeated Ried we would still be right where we are because Cole is just another of the old guard. When I complained about the cheap strip centers being built along 518 years ago he responded to a post here or on another forum by saying that the City could do nothing to stop them being built because it was private land zoned for retail use. Well whats the difference here Kevin and all you city council folks?

I have lived in Pearland since 1994. Population was around 26,000 when we got here. What I have marveled at for a long time is the fact that at some point Pearland City Hall decided that we are a "Planned Community". That makes my wife and I laugh every time we see the sign. There was nothing planned about Pearland for the longest time, it just sort of happened. Now as we grew I guess they tought they should try to plan some things, but while they were thinking about it all those wonderful little retail strip centers popped up along 518 riding the "SilverLake" wave. Heck there are businesses as far east as 35 and 518 advertising themselves as SilverLake. Now HEB wants to build and this whole mess pops up. Well I live on the far east side and for one would love the idea of going to a HEB and not having to drive to 288 or 528 in Friendswood to get to one. I also would like to leave my tax dollars in Pearland. However the City Council wants what they want in terms of what is built and how it is built. They want a say in the quality of the offering. Well remember this the mayor lives on the East Side as well as a couple other council members. Maybe they don't want to see their side of town trashed out. Who knows.

The problem I have is when the mayor as he did several weeks ago said that the landowners were asking to much and that if they were willing to take less money then the deal could get done. What a crock! The City decides to put or in this case keep certain zoning requirements in place that will cost HEB or whoever buys the land more money. In order to get the deal done, he essentially tells the landowners to reduce their price to pay for the requirements he wants. Meddle in private business you think? HE is essentially asking the landowners to subsidize beautification that the city wants. I say find out what it takes and recall the old dude. He does not need to tell private landowners what their land is or is not worth. The market does that and he is now officially on record because he and the other council members are playing with zoning to affect the value. I don't know but in my world they are treading on thin ice with this one.

And finally the last election offered no relief. Had Cole defeated Ried we would still be right where we are because Cole is just another of the old guard. When I complained about the cheap strip centers being built along 518 years ago he responded to a post here or on another forum by saying that the City could do nothing to stop them being built because it was private land zoned for retail use. Well whats the difference here Kevin and all you city council folks?

brerrabbit - We drink from the same trough! Happy 4th!

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise me? No not at all. According to the Journal article Scott McCellend the President of HEB Houston showed up for the meeting and committed to a GB "plus" development which meant it will be better than GB but not all the way up to PD. If you look at all things HEB does in Pearland and the Greater Houston area you have to figure that between the last meeting and this one residents pointed out the amount of money HEB has donated as well as the money and support they provided last years Pearland HS State Champion Football team and the Pearland LL team that made it to the US Championship game. The idea that a company with essentially one store in Pearland has done that much for the city and the council wanted to block or impeed a second store was ridiculous and I think that message was sent to City Council loud and clear. I truely believe their minds were made up to vote in favor of the change before the meeting ever started.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

By KRISTI NIX

Prompted by months of delays and questions from residents, Pearland City Councilmembers Greg Hill and Woody Owens asked city planners for a status report on zoning issues involving construction of a new grocery store at the corner of Broadway and Pearland Parkway. The council met to ask questions and air their concerns at a city council workshop Monday (May 14).

“There has been an incredible amount of email from concerned citizens who want the HEB (development) to go forward and I wanted to be clear that it is my position and I believe most of the members of council that we want this project to go forward as well,” Hill said at the start of the meeting.

“I wanted to ask for a timeline of the incident with respect to HEB and what their proposal/suggestion has been. I have talked to Richard Golden from HEB and I am getting one thing; I’ve talked to folks within the city (staff) and I am getting another. All I know is I just want the city’s position to be clear,” he said.

City ordinances require parking lot lights to be the same height as the proposed grocery store. However, the current store design does not meet the requirement and HEB officials are asking city officials to approve variances to the ordinance. Current zoning also requires the new store to have glass windows and doors on the side facing FM 518 which has created more complications as HEB officials have requested another variance to shift the glass elements to the side facing Pearland Parkway.

“I don’t see that they are serious issues. We want to see if we can get it resolved and move the project forward,” Owens said. “I am more interested in having the site developed and having the 350 jobs it will bring to that area.”

Mayor Reid expressed his frustration with the process.

“We use the down-looking lower lights because the development is adjacent to a subdivision. But, it is a long way from the subdivision so I don’t the lighting is significant as it would be if shining in people’s yards,” Reid said.

HEB officials have two choices to request the needed variances said City Manager Bill Eisen.

“Those are zone ordinance requirements and there are two ways to not meet those requirements; one is to go through the planning and development process and one is to go before the ZBA (for a ruling).

Heb has indicated it will probably be July or August before they will be ready to plead their case to the ZBA.

“I would hate to see it go downhill and not be approved by the ZBA just for the election of the lights. It would seem to me the two issues they have are extremely minor on the overall project,” Owens said. “It seems like there should be something we could do to avoid the issue of avoiding going to the ZBA.”

If HEB officials choose to prepare exhibit documents and request a hearing before the ZBA, their variance request could be denied which would mean going back to the drawing board to create new store designs.

Councilmember Susan Sherrouse also wanted to know what alternate solutions might be available.

“I don’t want to go back into redesigning I just want to know: what is the next step forward so HEB can move forward?” Sherrouse said.

Frustrated council members questioned city staffers at length about the possible alternatives.

“One thing to note is HEB could build the store tomorrow with the current zoning if they wanted.” Eisen said. “But in terms of these specific variations from what the current zone requires it is a matter of finding a way to approve something that is agreeable to both the city and HEB. And again from council comments it sounds like the council is very open to the idea of approving these issues if they are brought before the council (again).

Mayor Pro Tem Scott Sherman asked city planners for their help.

“The only request I would make is for whoever is working with HEB, could somebody pick up the phone tomorrow, call the folks and say ‘Is there anything we need to get you that would make this happen before August?

“Let’s this thing moving,” added Reid.

“I just want to make sure we’re not the road block,” Sherman said.

“I think this project has been the subject of great discussion for a year or two and I have yet to meet anybody that doesn’t want to see an HEB at that location,” Eisen said. “I think there is a common goal; it is just a matter of getting through the process.”

“I wanted to get this on the agenda to try and see if we could all work together and see if there was anything we could do to help HEB along,” Hill said.

http://www.yourhoust...b6371e54b5.html

• 2 months later...

As you may recall there was a big stink last year over allowing HEB to change from PD to a general business zoning. After much heated debate HEB was allowed to scrap the PD and the property was rezoned to general business. HEB said they could not develop under the current PD and if it were rescinded they could go ahead with development of a new store and have it on their books for 2012 year. So here we are a year later & where do we stand? To my knowledge HEB has not started anything on that site is now going back and forth with the City over the height of Lighting in parking lot.

The city has given away all their bargaining chips. I'll be surprised if HEB builds on that site anytime in the coming years. The only reason they bought that site was to keep another competitor from building there - period. They will probably restrict the property against grocery and sell it.

Please chime in here if you have any more recent information -

HEB coming to east side of Pearland after unanimous approval by council

Proposed plans to build a HEB grocery store at the northwest corner of Broadway and Pearland Parkway are now moving forward thanks to a new compromise agreement between city officials and HEB developers.

And at a meeting held Monday (July 11), the Pearland City Council signaled their support and unanimously approved a zone change request for the 23 acre-site.

Screw HEB and their business practices. They abandoned Galveston after Hurricane Ike. So much for the "we are all Texans" as the clueless Pearland councilman is quoted as saying. HEB claimed that they sustained major flood damage to their store on 61st Street, stating 2 1/2 ft of floodwater by one source. That is a flat out lie because I have a business in the same shopping center at the same finished floor elevation and we only received 5 1/2 inches of water. I'm sure they bamboozled their insurance company and probably FEMA into allowing them to claim all sorts of operating losses, but never returned anything back to the community of Galveston.

Beware Pearland, don't give up anything to them. Make them pay like any other business that wants to operate in your community, because they'll give nothing back.

Screw HEB and their business practices. They abandoned Galveston after Hurricane Ike. So much for the "we are all Texans" as the clueless Pearland councilman is quoted as saying. HEB claimed that they sustained major flood damage to their store on 61st Street, stating 2 1/2 ft of floodwater by one source. That is a flat out lie because I have a business in the same shopping center at the same finished floor elevation and we only received 5 1/2 inches of water. I'm sure they bamboozled their insurance company and probably FEMA into allowing them to claim all sorts of operating losses, but never returned anything back to the community of Galveston.

I don't understand. Lots of businesses large and small took advantage of tax breaks and insurance proceeds after Ike, and many did not re-open. They provided a service for a period of time and then stopped providing a service. Companies come and go, and as retailing goes, everybody in a community the size of Galveston finds a way to spend their money.

But did HEB renege on some sort of a subsidy agreement with the City of Galveston? Did they not honor agreements with their employees down there? What happened that makes their business practices so unusually despicable?

It amazes me given all the people & especially those who commented here on a topic I started over a year ago don't have anything to say about this. The piece that HEB bought is a prime corner. All these pro HEB were talking about the increased tax base & jobs that would be created. So here you go - Nothing! Nothing now & nothing in the near future - I guarantee it. If the City had not bowed down & rather would have stood up to HEB maybe they would not have bought the land & left the door open for other projects. Now - Not gonna happen with key piece not available - that whole tract is toast! No tax base / no jobs / no other retail for the sorely lacking east side - my as well keep on going to Friendswood.

Somebody please tell me I'm wrong. :)

Archived