St. Joseph Opening ER And Inpatient Beds In The Heights

Porchman

Do you think locals will welcome this?

This local does. My friends and I have had a couple of emergencies over the last few years and it was a pain having to leave the neighborhood for treatment. Judging by the increasing number of families with kids moving to the neighborhood and the rest of us getting older, I think it's a great addition.

This local does as well. FRankly, I have been to the Memorial Hermann on 610 and, should one of my kids need medical attention, I would definitely hesitate to take them there. When they've had high fever and issues where the nurse line said "go to the ER" we have driven down to TX Children's over that MH location. I think a smaller facility that is more neighborhoody will be great.

There is also a non-emergency clinic (like a ready clinic, not a free clinic) opening on 19th St next to Bliss. It's Memorial Hermann. I'm less thrilled about that than the new/old hospital, but I still think it will be used by area residents.

• The title was changed to St. Joseph Opening ER And Inpatient Beds In The Heights

Archived