• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The low rise buildings that has the little boat dock and Two Hughes Landing are coming out next from what I've seen and been told.  Those low rise building are approx. 50k SF and 70k SF (1, 2, and 3 story) and a 4 level garage.  Two Hughes Landing is 8 story (200,000 SF) with a 6 story garage.

• 1 month later...

i love my town, but texasota speaks the truth.......lots of boring building in an expensive setting.  fingers crossed for an interesting performing arts center or museum of natural science satellite.

I like cynthia woods mitchell pavilion. not sure additional venues, much less a full blown performing arts center is really needed up there though.

The population of Montgomery County is almost half a million and is growing very rapidly so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

I like cynthia woods mitchell pavilion. not sure additional venues, much less a full blown performing arts center is really needed up there though. 

http://impactnews.com/houston-metro/the-woodlands/mitchell-looks-to-develop-$35-million-performing-arts-center/

"Goodman said interest from the performing arts community in the project has been high and that initial plans called for the venue to have 400–500 seats. He said with the feedback Mitchell and the Goodman Corporation have received about the proposed venue, plans were re-drawn to include up to 1,800 seats.

Phillip Duggins, artistic director for the Masquerade Theater in Houston, said the demand among the theater community for such a venue would be strong.

“We would have an extreme interest in that,” Duggins said. “We’re already trying to work out deals with The Grand in Galveston. We’re always looking for other venues.”

Masquerade Theater’s current home is the Hobby Center. The theater puts on five main stage shows per year and, combined with the theater’s other programs, produces about 20 shows per year—shows similar to ones that would be hosted by a performing arts center in The Woodlands."

hughes landing could use a performance space, even if it's small and free to the public.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or is it kind of funny that this is getting built with ground floor retail while so many of the complexes in the East End and Midtown aren't?

the woodlands is committed to mixed use in town center, for the most part. the woodlands development company/howard hughes owns all or most of the land, unlike midtown and the east end; no common owner of property.....

c02-940x626.jpg

c01-940x626.jpg

C03-940x626.jpg

The Howard Hughes Corporation and its wholly owned subsidiary The Woodlands Development Company has started construction on a 390-unit, multifamily development — One Lake’s Edge — situated in the new 66-acre mixed-use development of Hughes Landing on Lake Woodlands. Hughes Landing will be a dynamic environment within The Woodlands that will feature up to 11 office buildings; shopping, dining and entertainment; a specialty grocer; an upscale hotel; a fitness center and up to 800 multi-family residences.

Located on 200-acre Lake Woodlands, One Lake’s Edge will feature panoramic views of the lake and will be only steps away from the shopping, dining and entertainment venues at Hughes Landing’s Restaurant Row. The luxury apartments will feature one-, one-plus-study, two- and three-bedroom designs, with an average size of 984 square feet. Amenities include a fitness center, oversized pool deck, show kitchen and large club room with elevated outdoor patio overlooking the lake, along with more than 22,000 square feet of retail planned on the ground floor. Upscale finishes include wood floors, stainless steel gas appliances, granite countertops, roller shades and Nest “learning” thermostats. One Lake’s Edge will be pet-friendly with an onsite wash station, kayak and bike storage and covered apartment-level parking.

Construction has started on the 825,000-square-foot, eight-story complex, with pre-leasing planned for fall 2014 and occupancy set for early 2015.

http://zieglercooper.com/one-lakes-edge/

Three Hughes Landing appearing online now as well.

content_threehughes.jpg

Property Overview:

• 300,000 rentable square feet
  • 12-story Class A office building with adjacent parking garage
  • Panoramic views of 200-acre Lake Woodlands
  • Designed to be LEED Silver Certified
  • High quality lobby finishes and rich exterior construction
  • Walking distance to planned restaurants, retail, hotel and residential
  • Easy access to I-45 and Bush Intercontinental Airport

http://www.thewoodlands-commercial.com/hl_threehughes.html

Whole Foods Coming to The Woodlands

10728281154_f6460e1574_b.jpg

Whole Foods Market is expanding its local reach with a new store planned for The Woodlands.

The Austin-based grocer will soon begin construction on a 40,000-square-foot location in Hughes Landing, the 66-acre mixed-use development on Lake Woodlands. The new store is expected to open in 2015.

“Local residents have long expressed strong interest in having a Whole Foods Market in The Woodlands,” Paul Layne, executive vice president of master-planned communities for the Howard Hughes Corp. said in an announcement. “It will be an exceptional destination within Hughes Landing and across The Woodlands, adding to the many benefits of living, working and playing in this vibrant community.” The Woodlands Development Co. is a subsidiary of the Howard Hughes Corp.

The main entrance of the store will be off Lake Front Circle, near the intersection of Lake Front and Lake Woodlands Drive.

“The Woodlands is a great fit for us,” Mark Dixon, president of Whole Foods Market’s Southwest Region, said in the announcement. “We are excited about the Hughes Landing development and its central location that is easily accessible to residents of The Woodlands and surrounding areas.”

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2013/11/whole-foods-coming-to-the-woodlands/

Now if only those Austin-fools will just build one down in the League City/Clear Lake area (but NOT on Bay Area Blvd!!!!!!!!)!  It would be very well used and busy every day.

I was actually thinking Hughes Landing would get this.  I figured it was only a matter of time before Whole Foods came to Montgomery County and that this would be the perfect place for them.  I'm still a bit perplexed that Central Market never went into the Market Street developmen rather than that standard HEB.  But the Woodlands has plenty of other nice stores and developments so I'm not feeling too sorry for them.

Archived