• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

too bad they couldn't bring themselves to have mixed use buildings.  i understand they have to rush to capture demand that is off the charts....it's still disappointing when i see the development.  it's a lost opportunity to continue what had begun in the waterway square district.

so boring...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.bisnow.com/archives/newsletter/local-real-estate/houston/5746-developers-can-survive-oil-depression-by-diversifying/

Howard Hughes is also pushing forward on multifamily developments, Peter says. Hughes Landing's One Lakes Edge (pictured) was the firm's first self-performed apartment project, and it has its second and third planned in Maryland and Vegas. It's also looking into building a second multifamily tower in Hughes Landing, which Peter says would probably be 250 to 400 units and could break ground in about six months. Howard Hughes is loving the niche, and Peter tells us it's considering building age-restricted senior living projects as well.

• 4 months later...

my brother in law is in the higher ups at Howard Hughes and he loves this new development they were relocated to! we went to eat at Fogo De Chao the monday after Christmas and it was nice seeing all this new development! (i grew up in the woodlands and was one of the first people to live there in 1974...its funny because graduating highschool i couldnt imagine anything worse than living where there was nothing to do except ride bikes on cool bike paths...and now look at this place...wow! haha!)

my brother in law is in the higher ups at Howard Hughes and he loves this new development they were relocated to! we went to eat at Fogo De Chao the monday after Christmas and it was nice seeing all this new development! (i grew up in the woodlands and was one of the first people to live there in 1974...its funny because graduating highschool i couldnt imagine anything worse than living where there was nothing to do except ride bikes on cool bike paths...and now look at this place...wow! haha!)

Yeah the chain restaurants & 3 bars really turned that place around...

Joking aside, there are some decent eateries tucked away behind the trees in the strip centers along Woodlands Parkway. The further west you go, the more country it seems to get. Reminds me of Abilene, if Abilene had money. I'm not saying seeing/hearing/smelling country people are a bad thing just an observation. It's interesting how the growth of the Woodlands has turned sleepy backwoods places like Cut & Shoot into a suburb.

I hope the leaders continue their vision and don't lose their edge to less expensive places like Spring & Conroe. I guess these developments are just that.

Joking aside, there are some decent eateries tucked away behind the trees in the strip centers along Woodlands Parkway. The further west you go, the more country it seems to get. Reminds me of Abilene, if Abilene had money. I'm not saying seeing/hearing/smelling country people are a bad thing just an observation. It's interesting how the growth of the Woodlands has turned sleepy backwoods places like Cut & Shoot into a suburb.

I hope the leaders continue their vision and don't lose their edge to less expensive places like Spring & Conroe. I guess these developments are just that.

Cut & Shoot is growing?

I was of course talking about the woodlands in general...when i lived there, greenspoint (gunspoint) was the closest mall and there was no shopping and like 2 restaurants so we went to Casa Elena every night (and Claytons was the only real grocery store...) may both r.i.p. ;) 

Oh AND THE big thing to do was go ice skating at the woodlands athletic center then shop at Soundbox music store for record...yes, records! haha! loved that! 

Archived